Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations DVD and CD ordering

DVD and CD ordering

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:01 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

How do we go about ordering the DVD / CD of the days events?
I know we were given an order form on the day, but just wanted to check the procedure :?

I presume the high price is to cover the license ? Not profit ?
My printable DVD's and CD's only cost me pence and DVD case's are about 20 pence.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:19 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Graham,

So what you are trying to say is you would like to pay 21p for each item that is being produced :shock: :|

Do you think that 2 professional people, photographer and video, would turn up "free of charge" and spend a whole day shooting the days events?

Bear in mind they were there from 9.30am - 7pm, not including their travel time, then there's the fuel, hours of processing, burning, packaging and posting, along with the costs of the CD/DVD's to purchase.

Theres also the cost on top of the hire of the professionals to hire Duxford after hours for the shoot and also the Public Liability insurance we had to buy just for the day.

I will also be spending time getting these items together and ordering the prints (Unfortunately I do not get any payment for anything I do for the club, maybe I should go professional). The profit, what is left after deduction of all the above, will go into the club to pay for production/purchase of replacement parts for the future and it will also go towards funding other events in the future (NEC).

You are not forced to buy a DVD/CD if you do not want to spend the money, but details of how to pay are on the order form (which also took my time and effort to design and print and cut up)

I'm now off to spend the rest of the evening to myself for a change, but I'll still be working on the Duxford meet at least a month after the event.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:54 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

Wow :shock: I only asked, as in a pre meet post you said the photographer and video cost were coming from the ticket money.
So assumed the price would be around "Cost"
It would cost me about £1.20 to copy one, as I would use photo paper and printable disks.
But I will buy a CD and DVD boxed set and promise not to run it through my PC and scanner :wink:
Graham

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:02 pm
big boy al User avatar

i actually think its very cheap when i go to the ring for example i have to pay almost 15 euros just for a large file size sent to my email.

and at trackdays etc you have to pay at least £35 - £45 for the files.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:12 pm
racingpuma1982 RPOC Regular

Well said, Lisa! :)

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:32 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Dogsbody wrote:
Wow :shock: I only asked, as in a pre meet post you said the photographer and video cost were coming from the ticket money.
So assumed the price would be around "Cost"
It would cost me about £1.20 to copy one, as I would use photo paper and printable disks.
But I will buy a CD and DVD boxed set and promise not to run it through my PC and scanner :wink:

It sounds to me like you are going to be copying the CD/DVD so I will probably refuse your order now, Sorry, but I am gobsmacked that you can't appreciate the time and effort that goes into making these things :?

Jeff usually charges double what we are charging for a photo CD and he has already spent 1.5 days processing, with still more to do.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:03 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

Why on earth would I copy it if I have bought it??

And as for the "Well said" comment from the person who made money out of everyone on a Alcantara group buy :shock:
£60 I paid you plus postage.
Around £35 was the real price and I collected it at a meet. :shock:
A bit of profiteering from club members ?
Graham

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:09 pm
Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

big boy al wrote:
i actually think its very cheap when i go to the ring for example i have to pay almost 15 euros just for a large file size sent to my email.

and at trackdays etc you have to pay at least £35 - £45 for the files.

Alan i thought you had freedom of the ring like Nelson Mandela has the freedom of Leeds you must be their number one customer cheers Hot Wheels. :D
I Dream im on Vacation as I like the way that Sounds Its the Perfect Conversation for Me.

Puma Winner Top Gear Competition for best reflective paint finish and shine.
2009 detailing award santa pod.
2009 FRP prize winner castle combe

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:12 pm
big boy al User avatar

Lol Barry I dud buy alot of photos from my 3 trips, would have been cheaper to crash haha.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:14 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Ummm, errr, :roll:
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:15 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

We paid £20 for the RS day ones Mr Mowberry, mine and yours :wink:
Graham

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Dogsbody wrote:
Why on earth would I copy it if I have bought it??

And as for the "Well said" comment from the person who made money out of everyone on a Alcantara group buy :shock:
£60 I paid you plus postage.
Around £35 was the real price and I collected it at a meet. :shock:
A bit of profiteering from club members ?

Incorrect. The price you paid was the clearance price in 2008. I started the group buy in 2006 and only charged what it cost me + postage and packaging. The original group buy (before you were around) charged exactly the same price from a well known member. So no, i made NO profit.

As for the well said comment.... Lisa has put an awful lot of work into this and has saved YOU money by not charging for her time. You should be thanking her. Simple as that really. Not going to get dragged into an argument. :wink:
Last edited by racingpuma1982 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

I did thank Lisa and everyone on the Day.
Yes she does do an awful lot for the club and doesn't charge for it, Thanks you again Lisa. :wink:

Marc at Boyriven told me you had been in contact after I let everyone know the price was £30 odd per liner metre
Complaining that you weren't going to make any more money now.
May be he was lying?

Anyway that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
I will Buy the DVD if I'm allowed, and I have plenty of Alcantara at around £35 inc vat.
Graham

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:26 pm
the old gimmer RPOC Regular

Hi Dogsbody, you know if you do get a DVD/CD of the event can you do me a copy I'ill pay you !
FRP 10th Anniversary Duxford

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:28 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

the old gimmer wrote:
Hi Dogsbody, you know if you do get a DVD/CD of the event can you do me a copy I'ill pay you !

NO !
Graham

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:30 pm
big boy al User avatar

the old gimmer wrote:

Lol that made me laugh.

Someone with a sense of humour :-).
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:34 pm
Frp1 Newbie

big boy al wrote:
the old gimmer wrote:

Lol that made me laugh.

If we all buy copys from Dogsbody then he can make some money out of the members. like he thinks everyone else does ;)

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:34 pm

Dogsbody wrote:
I did thank Lisa and everyone on the Day.
Yes she does do an awful lot for the club and doesn't charge for it, Thanks you again Lisa. :wink:

Marc at Boyriven told me you had been in contact after I let everyone know the price was £30 odd per liner metre
Complaining that you weren't going to make any more money now.
May be he was lying?

Anyway that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.
I will Buy the DVD if I'm allowed, and I have plenty of Alcantara at around £35 inc vat.

If that was the case why did i carry on selling it? If all i wanted to do was make money then their would have been no point in me continuing to sell at £30. I think you need to get your facts straight and grow up a little.
Last edited by racingpuma1982 on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:35 pm

big boy al wrote:
the old gimmer wrote:

Lol that made me laugh.

lol quality!

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:36 pm

Frp1 wrote:
big boy al wrote:
the old gimmer wrote:

Lol that made me laugh.

If we all buy copys from Dogsbody then he can make some money out of the members. like he thinks everyone else does ;)

Well said....again! :lol:

Next

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations