Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations Thanks all, what a fantastic day

Thanks all, what a fantastic day

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:16 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

Let me be the first to say thank you to all the comitee members for putting on a very professional enjoyable day,

it was fitting as the 10th celebrations and the 3rd event of this type I have attended with RPOC, I thought the choice of venue was very good with plenty to see before the presentations and a nice room for the event,

Big thanks to Peter, Tom and John for giving up there Sunday and providing us with a fascinating insight into the special cars we all enjoy,

think that covers it a cracking day out and really enjoyable, I really couldnt find fault.............................apart from maybe the £9.90 I paid for a cider and a pannini :shock: :shock: :shock: at least Dick turpin wore a mask :lol:

Oh and think I was robbed on best weeked car :lol: well done to Al and the rest of the winners

Thank you all......................and a parting shot of 191 showing what 10 years can do to a FRP :roll: :lol:

Lisa, Ed and co you did a brilliant job
Last edited by Mogsmex on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:37 pm
RESTELL Newbie

I couldn't agree more, it was a cracking day and as it was the first rpoc event I've been too i was very impressed, can't wait for the next one. Thanks to every one that made it happen you all did a great job. Let's hope 441 makes it with me next time. Cheers. Ross

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:08 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

i'll just post a quick thanks to lisa, ed and team, and will do big write up tomoz, as only had 45 mins kip on sat, lol. Amazing day though. Really good to see peter beattie, and tom malcolm bit was especially good. Well done to big al and others, oh and me, lol. Al you deserved that one :) vas and vlad :)
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:37 pm
spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

Just back, Thanks to Lisa & ED for all their hard work in arranging such a good day!

Great guest speakers, and things went to plan, even had the dry weather while we where there! :)

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:22 am
Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

Just to add my thanks to everyone! Also it was nice to put some faces to some names!
Matt
FRP #435

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 am
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

A superbly brilliant day, awsome. :mrgreen:
Thank you Lisa, Toby, Ed, Karen and every one else, so much for all the hard work that would have gone in to make it happen.
The guest speakers were fabulous, and Tom's insight was a peach.

I have my rather glorious trophy sitting proudly, and it makes me smile, but also remember too. Bag of goodies was well impressive, thanks.

There's me not twigging that you bought Kevin's parched motor Glyn :D great project there.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:32 am
eroom User avatar
RPOC Regular

Well done to Lisa, ED and Co for organising a great day :D . Just got back from our overnight stay near duxford and the FRP is more dirty than at any time during the last 3 years due to it hammering down during the night but was well worth it.
The guest speakers were brill and gave some interesting background to the FRP's history, excellent.

:D :D :D :D :D

Paul, Carol and little Kaidan.

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:42 am
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

As said above, Thanks to every one involved it laying yesterday on.
A cracking day, could have been a two day event. I hardly saw any of the actual museum, I'm thinking about going back with the family to have a proper look around.
Dan, you helped set my record for fuel economy :shock: Convoying up with you and Leighton, then a reasonably steady drive to Luton premier inn last night. Then traffic this morning on the M25 and M4, I got 265 odd miles to the tank :D
That was running on fresh air when I refilled at Reading today.
Not quite as economical after that, kept it under 6K in 5th though on the M4....That is where the VCT cuts in I think you said Dan :lol:
Nice to see some new faces and quite a few I have seen before :D
Some stunning FRP's there, put mine to shame.
Loved the Orange wheels and the coloured under side on one.
Well Done Alan, you deserved the Trophy for all the love and care you have put in to Trannie, and well done to everyone else who got a award.
Roll on Rally Day :D
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:41 pm
FRP 379 RPOC Regular

A big thanks to everyone to make this event happen.What a great day out.Which magazines are the pictures going in performance ford? :D

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 pm
shameless Newbie

Hi all,must say as a new member what a great day sun was :D ,great to meet so many owners as passionate about there FRPs as i am about mine 309 yes the one with orange wheels ,so thanks to every one concerned, nice to put some faces to names,looking foward to meeting up again soon take care all :D :D :D :D

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:42 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hi Guys,
I am still on a high from yesterdays amazing event at Duxford, it truly was a special day :D The presentations were really really good, and to get an insight first hand from Tom Malcolm about the San Fransciso launch was fantastic, as I have read the magazine arcticles so many times (Hence me knowing that 'The Birds' was filmed at Bodega Bay, Whoops, GEEK ALERT!) :roll: What was fab was the Route guide they showed on the slide, bet thats worth a bit 8)

Really good to see the turnout so good, lots of people I didn't know though, but good to get to talk to some of you. I hope those pics of #212 were good for the owner, (Andrew I think ? :) .

Concours.. 8) Well, I was actually really happy that Big Al won Best weekend car, as he has put crazy amounts of effort in, and it looks awesome even though he was driving like a skillful lunatic round Bedford, hehe 8) I was over the moon with my 2nd place too. So pleased for Sue to win Best Daily driver too, as again, a mint car with huge effort put in, and chuffed for my mate the Old Gimmer to get 2nd 8) :D And Kate, 482 was looking VERY clean , never seen white wheels that good, so well done to you :D

But the best bit was driving and seeing the US Air Force hanger, it was surreal seeing the building that we all know from the press photo but actually with our cars there! Amazing :lol: :D

I also thought how strong the club is these past few years, as we have the 'Original leaders' who are responsible for all of this, but then the newer members who are so enthusiastic about the car. Brilliant to have 4 out of 6 press cars there, as the are what began all this, but for me it was X7 FRP #449 that was the inspiration to get really enthusiastic about the club, and making sure thhe cars are as well kept as they can be :)

P.S are with having a 15th year celebration Lisa?? hehe
FRP385
Duxford Concours 2nd

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:32 pm
FRP252 User avatar
RPOC Regular

thanks to everyone who helped organise this, it was a brilliant day and good to meet lots of owners i hadnt even seen before.

Graham, i nearly managed 300 miles to the take for the first time :D but at 289 i had to surrender and stop at the services.

loved seeing all the cars and good to see its not just me that likes to modfy them and to be different (i did love those orange wheels and yellow samco hoses)

one of my few shows this year due to other commitments but glad i did it....

roll on 15 years 8)
Want a REAL Carbon Fibre Splitter for your FRP? PM me for details
Dan

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 pm
lew87 Newbie

Hi just to say that was the best show i think i have been ay so well organised well done to everyone who organised and good to meet other owners the speakers ,peter,tom i thought were great a lot of information i never knew and i know wat you mean about the cafe glyn i was stung there to.haha :lol:

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Big thanks to Lisa and Ed.. 8) 8)

What a superb venue for an FRP get together.... shame on those who didn't venture out the car park to go look at the blackbird.. you know who you are...VASSY.. :roll: :lol:

Couldn't get over how big this site was, and how many exhibits etc etc... :shock: :shock:

The finishing touch for me was definatly processing all the cars up there for the end photo's...Very impressive....

If only we could do an event like this every year... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards

Chris

ps.. nice to see people again that have seen me in my 'glad rag' garage workwear...lol.. Kate even said she hardly recognised me... :lol: :lol:

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:46 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

For me, events like yesterday's are truly made worthwhile when I see lots of FRP enthusiasts sharing their enjoyment of their unique cars. That so many people took the time to say how good a day they were having really added to the overall event :)

While there were a few favourite moments of mine, one highlight was pointing Peter B in the direction of Natasha who now owns his first Ford-allocated Racing Puma. Natasha got to hear about the 18000 miles Peter spent getting stonechips on the car she now cherishes! A unique bit of ownership history to be enjoyed with that particular car for sure.

To reiterate the event thank-you's big and small...

Lisa for tremendous patience with all the organising (and Toby being the man behind the scenes), Peter Beattie, Tom Malcolm and John Tampkins for their presentations and contributions to the Q&A session, Rob Burford for being a third go-to guy with emails and support tasks, Kate Umfreville for her brilliant name badges, John Deane, Flic Baker and my better-half Karen, for jumping in to help with the registration process, Megiuars for our two Concours prizes, Alan F at Pumabuild for our Modified car prize, Matt McKenny for the unexpected but excellent packs of ST160 photos (I have some spares to give away which I'll try and sort elsewhere on the forum) that you produced and handed out, Jeff Bloxham and Barry Eaton for their photographic and video efforts and last but not least, Glyn Morgan for the ladder - the group shot wouldn't have been the same without it!

Congratulations to Alan, Sue, Kate, Vas and Dave for your amazing work on your cars - a real inspiration to others on what can be achieved. Overall, all the entries were fantastic and the top five positions of the weekend and daily driver categories were only separated by single points.

To finish the day with the remarkable photo gathering in front of the American Air Museum was a long held dream come true.

Overall - possibly one of the most memorable occasions to add to my Racing Puma ownership experience.:)
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 pm
slugmoo Newbie

Twas indeed a great day out, great venue for a great event!

Best bit for me was the end with all of us arranged outside the American hanger :D

I shall be getting my CD soon

Cheers to all the organisers, Ed, Lisa and everyone else, hard work im sure but well worth it

Cheers, Paul + Melifur
Sav
FRP #383
:)

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:21 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I just want to echo what everyone else has said already really.

A big big thankyou to all involved in putting this day together, it truly was a brilliant day and one that will always be in my memories.

To hear the guys speak who developed and launched the car was brilliant and to hear that they are still just as enthusiastic about them as us after all this time proves just what a car it is, when the storys were being told I actually had goose bumps as I could imagine just how great a time they must of had.

Obviously the moment of the day for me was winning my trophy. It means so much to me and it really was unexpected but it does make me feel better about all my time effort and money that's gone into it :-). Thanks everyone for the nice comments I really appreciate them. Vas I still love vlad he's amazing ;-).

Was great to catch up with friends and I still can't explain to people to this day just what a great group of people the rpoc club is, I've made many great friends that I will hopefully keep close to me for the rest of my life.

Long live the frp :-).
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

I still love 241!! :wink:
FRP385
Duxford Concours 2nd

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:44 am
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Hey, as everyone has aready said it was an amazing day and thanks to everyone involved,
we had a very enjoyable time,
Claire + Steven

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:43 pm
Peter Newbie

Ed and Lisa, and all the Racing Puma owners present on Sunday.

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Wel done to all those who helped in the preparations for this anniversary. Great location, great organisation, Lisa Ed, you should be proud of your achievement.

What a great turnout of Racing Puma's and didn't they look fantastic in front of the American Hall. Thanks to all the drivers who bought the babies back, thanks to Natasha for bringing V447 and letting me have a short drive. Thanks to everybody who made me so Welcome and stopped for a chat, I have a number of addresses etc which i promise I will reply to as soon as I can.

Thanks to Tom Malcolm who gave an excellent presentation of the California Launch and reminded me of what I had missed. Thanks to John Tampkins (does he look like John Prescott?) for his insight to Tickford.

Thanks to Vas for offering to let me have a spin in his car, me driving, which I could not do on the day but certainly shall be taking it up at some point soon.

In fact thank you to everyone who was there, I hope I managed to keep you all awake, and apologies for the problem with the laptop link, it threw me a bit as there were some interesting bits of film which took out some of my planning, I think i need to invest in a new laptop!

I look forward to the next meeting so please keep me informed.
P. D. Beattie
Racing Puma Project Leader

Next

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations