Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations Thanks all, what a fantastic day

Thanks all, what a fantastic day

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 pm
gally Newbie

Anyone know the date of release?

Post Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:41 pm
eroom User avatar
RPOC Regular

Performance Ford usually comes out on the first thursday of the month. Cant wait :D .

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:07 am
frpv52 Newbie

Hi guys, couldn't work out how to post this separately but as we are talking of a fantastic day (and it was!!) is anyone going to Dunton this Sunday (Sept 5) for the Supercar day in aid of Little Havens Hospice. http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=22362 gives the detail. Various Fords have stands there and I wondered if we were represented. I am taking Betty (52) along but would appreciate some company amongst those RS's, BMW's, Ferraris etc...

Pete (FRPv52)

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:39 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Sorry about the delay but Ive had no internet for nearly a month, just wanted to say a big thank yu to Ed and Lisa for organising this!
I had a brilliant day and found it very interesting aswell learning more of the FRP!

Thans again, and thanks for the pic Ed :D

Zara and 014

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:32 pm
tashaspuma User avatar

Hi all,
I am owner of FMC14 which has been my archived car for very rare appearances for the last three years. I want to keep it as original as possible as it was when it left Peter Beasties hands? I spoke with Peter Beattie, Racing Puma Project Leader to which we shared some valuable information regarding past history of FMC14, I am not sure if I wanted to hear all mind you. This would have not been possible to spoken to Peter who had been one of the three previous owners of my car if the 10th anniversary had not taken place.

The setting for the 10th anniversary show at Duxford was ideal as it was the original photo shoot in front of the American museum that launched the Ford Racing Puma in its glossy brochure by Ford.

I remember these cars clearly when they arrived on the market and 10 years has just flown by. This was a good looking car when lunched and even better looking in 2010.

The day was well organized and thanks all who have worked hard behind the scenes to make the day very enjoyable day for me and many others.

Thankyou

Natasha

FMC 14
DEVELOPMENT CAR BY FORD MOTOR COMPANY
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:10 pm
spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

If yours is V447PHK, then I wonder what number V446PHK, that I saw at trax being taken round the track!

Post Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:48 am
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Hello all,

Just had the following from Tom Malcolm - thanks again to all who took part in the auctions and helped raise some money for a worthy cause.

Dear Ed,

Please find attached a letter from the director of our local branch of The Samaritans expressing her sincere appreciation to you and your members for the £260 raised during the recent auction at Duxford. It costs £30,000 a year to run the branch 24/7 and the money given by your members will go a long way towards achieving that target in 2010.

And thanks again from me. It was a fun day out with a great bunch of people. The auction money was the icing on the cake.

Kind regards,

Tom

Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:44 am
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Another quick update - I asked Tom for copies of the images that appeared in his presentation on the San Francisco Press Launch, and thanks to Ford's Heritage department these have been released to us dropped into my inbox this week.

I've uploaded them the the meets gallery amongst the other Duxford Anniversary meet files.

Some tasters...

The cars...

And just in case anyone wants to re-trace the launch route...

Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:31 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

Thank you Ed, and Tom, that is wonderful to have got the images.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Previous

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations