Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations Thanks all, what a fantastic day

Thanks all, what a fantastic day

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:17 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Very Nice to meet you as well Peter :D
and to shake hands with the person responsible for our fantastic cars.
Mine brings a smile to my face every time I drive it, so most days.

Look forward to hearing you talk again at the 20th anniversary meet .
Make sure you bring those brake pipes along and pass them around this time :wink:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:34 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Diolch (as we say in Wales) to Lisa and Ed a fabulously organised and most memorable day certainly one you should be justly proud of. Superb venue, brilliant presentations and a photo venue never to be forgotten. The best turn out of FRP's I've seen in my time with the club gives testimony to the growing strength of the RPOC. It was great for us to meet so many old friends and to make many new ones.

Peter and Tom's presentations I found riveting with many references that gave me greater insight into the history of V4. To actually see his picture, taken in California, appear on screen was immense especially as he was having a better wash than he get here :D . There was so much more that I wanted to ask Tom about the trip but hopefully the opportunity will arise again.

V4 was very pleased to see his good friends Trannie and Vlad win their prizes but has now decided they should be scrapped :lol: to give some of the rest of us a chance. Congratulations also to Sue, Dave and Kate, how do you do it :?: V4 is so jealous of those that he wants to be rehomed with one of you :D .

It's always been my ambition to reuite V1 to V6FRP so to see four of them together was pretty awsome many thanks to Lewis, Alan and Tom for making this happen. Onlt two more to drag along for the next occasion.

Thanks again to Lisa and Ed and everyone who came along to make this a truely awsome day never to be forgotten.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:22 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Dave, Thanks kind words about Vlad, he didn't want to beat his fave FRP friends , as he loves Frup and was pleased for Trannie. And he easily had his toughest competition to date :D But I will now scrap him just for you ;) anyone want any parts?? ..haha!!

Vas & Vlad
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:21 pm
lew87 Newbie

Deffinatly a day i will never forget either even more at the event than i expected and great to see so many frp's in such good nick,it was so good to hear that peter was so enthusiastic about the racing puma. hope to meet up again soon .lewis :D
Last edited by lew87 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:30 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Wow I wish I had replied sooner as I fear I'm going to repeat all of the above!? :lol:

What a fabulous day, I certainly felt very proud to be a member if such a fantastic club and owner of such a unique car. 8)

Massive thanks to Ed and Lisa for everything they did to make this all happen (aside from the 100+ emails my inbox has had to cope with over the last few months!?) the day went exactly to plan so you should both be very proud of the day as a whole and the club you created! :D

To Peter, Tom and John for giving some great presentations on the FRP development and launch, what other car owners get such an exclusive privilege?? Peter, I could have sat listening to your stories for hours :D

Nice to see all the usual faces again too (not yours Alan), it is after all the owners that make the club what it is! :)

Until next time...

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:04 pm
big boy al User avatar

rofl [profanity replaced] off rob :lol: :lol:
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:52 pm
frpv52 Newbie

Just to reiterate what all have said..fantastic day great location ( we go there a lot as Lou's dad was an RAF Wing Commander and flew Mosquitos during the war).

Special thanks to Ed and Lisa et al...and to Pete, Tom and John for their contributions..It was fabulous to hear the reality of the design, build and launch.

Betty (52) loved seeing Daddy Pete again! She said that if he wants to drive an FRP, she is up for it!

We drive through Boreham often on the way to Braintree from Rayleigh and she really bucks up when we come off the A12....though she doesnt seem too happy when we are near Dunton where she lived for a while!..hmmm

all in all a great day..heres to the 20th....

Pete (FRPv52) and Betty...oh and Lou ...lol

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:35 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Thanks all for your comments about the day, it was bloody hard work, and took months of planning, thousands of emails (sorry Rob ;)) and hours of late nights, but it sounds as though we got it right :D

Thanks to all those that helped out beforehand and on the day (Ed has already listed you) you helped to make it the day it was, and anyone that we have forgotten to thank also. I'm not sure who ordered the sunshine, but thanks for that too!

Someone has made a silly suggestion (Jeff) that we should go off to San Fransisco next year to recreate the Launch, but Ed thinks we should wait until our 20th Anniversary :shock: :shock: god knows how many emails, months and late nights that would take to plan!

Highlight of the day for me was being handed 144's build document by Peter Beattie, something I have been after for 10 years since picking up my FRP in May 2000, this now completes what has been an amazing FRP ownership experience, long may it continue forever 8)

bye for now
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:21 pm
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

It was me... I ordered the sunshine :roll:
Claire

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:16 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Claire, it was MEE!! Vlad is scared to go out if it rains, :wink: hehe!
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:54 pm
frpv52 Newbie

San Francisco ! Yay! but dont wait until the 20th..I will be over retiirement age, nearly dead and probably gaga too..(Lou says I am already....)..

pete (FRPv52)

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:02 pm
alib RPOC Regular

The sunshine came because of me - I thought it was going to rain so took a book to read in the car while Jeff wandered round the (boring) planes. Fat Chance! I had to walk round with him! Please don't have anything where planes are again Lisa/Ed. (or racing cars either)!
Alison

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:06 pm
big boy al User avatar

yay i take it this was your doing ed :-)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=22401
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:40 pm
FRP 379 RPOC Regular

Some of these pictures ie the group picture should be put on www.forddesktop under racing puma section as i think it has the pictures on there of duxford.

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:28 pm
frp0092 Newbie

Just wanted to add my thanks to Lisa and Ed for working so hard to make the day as special as it was.

And thanks to the three speakers......I particularly enjoyed Peter's talk....and as a result I'm going to thrash my car more now as he told us to; I always think I 'child' should listen to its 'dad'!

Thanks too for the magnets, the t-shirt and the to kind fella who was giving out the envelope of prints (sorry, can't remeber your name but thanks none-the-less).

Congratulations to all those that won an award....and reaffirmed the very good reasons why I didn't bother to enter mine in the first place. Well done to Al in particular.....I have to support a local lad!

And most of all thanks to everyone else that attended.....48 FRP's made an awesome sight and without you all turning up wouldn't have made the day as memorable as it was.

Simon
FRP0092

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:44 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

big boy al wrote:
yay i take it this was your doing ed :-)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/defau ... ryId=22401

Guilty! - I wasn't sure that they were going to run it, but they did a nice job with the info I sent them.

Nice to see it has generated some discussion - mostly positive too. :)
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:35 pm
Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

Is there going to be anything in Fast Ford or the like?
Matt
FRP #435

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:45 pm
lisafrp User avatar

I think there is going to be a 10 page article in Performance Ford next month :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:03 pm
Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

Ohhhh sounds interesting. I shall change allegiance from FF to PF for the month then!
Matt
FRP #435

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:22 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Major feature in Performance Ford about to hit the shelves anytime now!
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations