Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations 10th Anniversary Celebration - FINAL INSTRUCTIONS

10th Anniversary Celebration - FINAL INSTRUCTIONS

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hello all,

Not long to go now! Below is the final itinerary and important notes.

10th Anniversary Meet - IWM Duxford - 22/08/2010

Notes:

- Car parking - Please follow parking instructions as directed by the RPOC marshalling team. Intensive car washing/polishing is not permitted in the car park for health and safety reasons, so please limit any vehicle preparation to merely wiping off any bugs. No banners, signs, displays or flags are permitted to be erected.

- Duxford officials may remove anyone found to be causing a noise nuisance by revving their engine or playing loud music during the day.

- Filming and Photography - RPOC have a photographer and a cameraman recording the day’s event’s for a DVD to be produced after the event. They are the only people who are approved by Duxford to film or photograph activities in the conference centre.

- Please ensure your mobile phone is turned off/silent during the afternoon’s presentations.

0945-1000 Arrivals at RPOC 10th Anniversary event commence
- please follow the map to the Conference Centre Car Park where you will be directed by RPOC members on where to park. Please DO NOT PARK in the coach parking area. If you are non-FRP you will be directed to a slightly different area to allow for group shots in the car park of the FRP's

1000-1030 Signing On - Lisa, Ed, Karen and Toby will be in the foyer of the Conference Centre, signing people in and handing out wristbands, name badges, commemorative gifts, T-Shirts (if ordered), up-to-date itinerary and a DVD/CD order form.

Judging - please let us know if you would like your car judged for one of the three categories. Best Daily Driver/Best Weekend Car/Best Modified Racing Puma.

There will also be a drinks bar where you can purchase Tea/Coffee/Squash or Water at £1.50 per item or for an extra 50p with biscuits.

After you have registered, your time is free till 1345 to meet and chat with other owners, to tour the museum exhibit halls and to get lunch.

Please note that there are restrictions put in place by Duxford on groups of people being in the car park after you have parked, so please move into the museum area to chat, event attendees will be easily recognisable by their wristbands.

1230-1315 Vehicle judging
- Due to car park restrictions, no groups of people are permitted in the car park other than the judging team.

1345-1355 Return to AirSpace venue in readiness for presentations.

1400-1455 Peter Beattie, FRP Project Leader for Ford - Racing Puma project - Program retrospective

1455-1505 Comfort Break

1505-1600 Tom Malcolm, PR Manager for Ford - "For a moment there I thought you said California." - the story of the FRP media launch in December 1999

1600-1610 Comfort Break - There will also be a drinks bar where you can purchase Tea/Coffee/Squash or Water at £1.50 per item or for an extra 50p with biscuits. These can be consumed in the Concorde Suite.

1610-1645 - Question and answer session to expert panel:
Peter Beattie - Ford Racing: Project Leader
Tom Malcolm- Ford Motor Company: PR Manager
John Tampkins- Tickford: Ford Liason Order Process and Customer handover.

1645-1730 Round-up and awards presentation.

- Racing Puma concours competition
Best Daily Driver 1st + 2nd
Best Weekend car 1st + 2nd
- Colin Yamamoto “Spirit of Bok" trophy - Best modified Racing Puma

1730-1800 Interval and return to cars ready for photoshoot - This may be brought forward on the day, please listen to announcements during the presentations. An access map is provided with this information.

1800-1930 Photo opportunity outside American Air Museum
- Group Photo and individual shots. Please follow instructions given by the parking directors, and remain with your car until it is positioned.

1930-2000 Depart from Duxford

Judging Category Notes:

Best Daily Driver - Your FRP is your only car and gets used accordingly for all activities. To achieve maximum points your vehicle will have no significant visual modifications to it’s original appearance.

Best Weekend car - Your FRP is your second car, and is only used occasionally for fun actiivities.
To achieve maximum points your vehicle will have no significant visual modifications to it’s original appearance.

Colin Yamamoto “Spirit of Bok” trophy
- Your FRP is modified to appear different from it’s original appearance.

In all cases, vehicles are judged on their overall presentation. A vehicle information sheet should be present giving any useful information for the judges to consider.

I will have a few RPOC items with me that can be purchased on the day, Umbrellas, Keyrings, Stickers etc, please see me at signing on with the correct money:

Umbrella - £20 (only 5 left)
Silver sticker - £2
Tax Disc Holder - £5
URL Sticker - £3
Drawstring bag - £10 (only 2 left)
2008 Calendar - £2
Keyring - £5

If you would like to reserve one of the limited number items please drop me an email and I will put your name against it.

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

For those using sat nav...

Imperial War Museum Duxford
Cambridgeshire
CB22 4QR

Please note that some Sat Nav systems do not yet recognise our new postcode CB22 4QR but do still recognise the old postcode CB2 4QR

Basically follow brown signs from Jct 10 of the M11 (A505)

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations