Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations 10th Anniversary Celebration - IWM Duxford 22nd August 2010

10th Anniversary Celebration - IWM Duxford 22nd August 2010

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Okie Dokie, thnak you, the money I save camping will go towards the fuel! It cost me £130 to castle combe and back!

lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

robdfrp wrote:
sorry its been so long but weve been sorting out our wedding and its been absolute manic so completley forgot about this if there is anybody who drops out and cant make it can you please let us know as we would love to do this show!!!!

cheers Rob and Deb

Rob and Deb

I have had 2 people drop out due to brake problems. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested in having the 2 tickets otherwise I will re list them.

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

tashaspuma User avatar

hey lisa

payment sent for a t-shirt instructions with payment
after a size 12 if you do it in womans...if not it will be a medium

thankyou
tasha

see you all soon at the anniversary meet :D

lisafrp User avatar

4 TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE (due to people now unable to attend)

If you are down to attend but can no longer make it please can you let me know as soon as possible.

Also if you are bringing a guest please can you let me know names and your registration number as I have to let Duxford know this information by next week otherwise you will not get security clearance on the day.

I'll update the T-Shirt thread shortly with people who have paid.

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Dogsbody User avatar

Just taken out comp breakdown cover for the week on the car :wink:
It might get driven daily, but never more than about 30 miles from home.
So just playing safe.....
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

well no one can say I'm not commited, I'm going anyway but have just bought another FRP purely to get us closer to the 50 cars ;)

and it's pooped so I'll be trailoring it up there just for the pics :lol:

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

lisafrp User avatar

Nice one Glyn :)

Still 4 tickets left for this event, and I still have a few poeple that I haven't heard from regarding their guests and Car Reg numbers, please let me know asap.

thanks
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

I can't find a friend to come with me yet haha! Hopefully I'll know by tomorrow!
Claire :cry:

FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Just wondering what time in the morning this will start? Im trying to see if I can set off that morning but it's a 5 and a half hour drive without a toilet break lol!

Dogsbody User avatar

It doesn't open till 10:00 as its a Sunday and trading laws come into account.
So I assume a 10:00 meet at the place :?
I'm convoying down the M4 with Dan and we are setting off at 7:00 and taking it easy.
We can stop for coffee intake or discharge en-route. :wink:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

lisafrp User avatar

Signing on will be at 10am at Duxford Conference Centre. We've pretty much finalized the times now, so will post up by the weekend :)

I'll be glad when it's over so I can get my life back lol! Lucky you don't have to pay for individual emails as it would have cost £1,000's!!
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

lisafrp User avatar

Approximate times for the event are as follows:

0945-1000
Arrivals at RPOC 10th Anniversary event commence - please follow the map to the Conference Centre Car Park where you will be directed by RPOC members on where to park (to follow shortly). Please DO NOT PARK in the coach parking area. If you are non-FRP you will be directed to a slightly different area to allow for group shots in the car park of the FRP's

1000-1030
Signing On- Myself, Ed, Karen and Toby will be in the foyer of the Conference Centre, signing people in and handing out wristbands, commemorative gifts, T-Shirts (if ordered), up-to-date itinerary and a DVD/CD order form. There will also be a drinks bar where you can purchase Tea/Coffee/Squash or Water at £1.50 per item or for an extra 50p with biscuits.

After you have registered, your time is free till 1345 to meet and chat with other owners, to tour the museum exhibit halls and to get lunch. Please note that there are restrictions put in place by Duxford on groups of people being in the car park after you have parked, so please move into the museum area to chat, event attendees will be easily recognisable by their wristbands.

1230-1315
Vehicle judging- please let us know at signing on which category your FRP will be in for judging, again, there are restrictions to the amount of people in the car park.

1345-1355
Return to AirSpace venue in readiness for presentations.

1400-1455
Peter Beattie, FRP Project Leader for Ford - Racing Puma project - Program retrospective

1455-1505
Comfort Break

1505-1600
Tom Malcolm, PR Manager for Ford - "For a moment there I thought you said California." - the story of the FRP media launch in December 1999

1600-1610
Comfort Break - There will also be a drinks bar where you can purchase Tea/Coffee/Squash or Water at £1.50 per item or for an extra 50p with biscuits. These can be consumed in the Concorde Suite.

1610-1645
Question and answer session to expert panel - Peter Beattie, Tom Malcolm, John Tampkins.

1645-1730
Round-up and awards presentation.

Racing Puma concours competition
-Best Daily Driver 1st + 2nd
-Best Weekend car 1st + 2nd
Colin Yamamoto “Spirit of Bok" trophy - Best modified Racing Puma

1730-1800
Interval and return to cars ready for photoshoot (this may be brought forward on the day, please listen to announcements during the presentations)

1800-1930
Photo opportunity outside American Air Museum - Group Photo and individual shots.

1930-2000
Depart from Duxford

More details to be added over the weekend, please check back here for up-to-date information

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

eroom User avatar
RPOC Regular

Just spotted the DVD/CD order form bit does that mean somebody is filming the day Lisa ?. Was going to bring my camera but if somebody is filming and we can order a copy after thats even better :D .

W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

Anybody coming down the A1 on the day. I will be joining at Newark if anyone wants to meet up and drive down in convoy ?

Cheers

Andy

FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

I might be, Ill be getting on the A1 at scotch corner, where were you thinking of meeting?
And what time?
Does it matter if we're not there at 10am??
Claire

W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

There is a Downtown shopping site about 12 miles south of Newark at Gonerby Moor which is just north of Grantham. There are the usual services there like Burger King and Costa.

If we wanted to get to Duxford for 10am then we should be leaving the services by 9am. It is around 75 miles away from Duxford and there are speed cameras on the A1 and A14 so we will not be able to make up much time along the way !

Andy

FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

And I have about 5 hours to go before there haha!
Claire

W4FRP User avatar
RPOC Regular

We went to Newquay a couple of weeks ago and set off at 2am to get there by breakfast - it makes it a really long day.

Wouldn't it be worth travelling on Saturday and staying over ?

vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

I'll be heading down A1 Andy, but I'm leaving here for 7.30 ish, as satnav says 2 hours 10mins, and I want to be there for 9.45 ish. I'll text you when I leave :D I want to take it steady, dont want any brake dust on wheels ;) hehehe
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

we're staying the night before, makes such a long day to drive there & back in the same day!

PreviousNext

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations