Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations 10th Anniversary Celebration - IWM Duxford 22nd August 2010

10th Anniversary Celebration - IWM Duxford 22nd August 2010

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

the old gimmer RPOC Regular

Commander Vas, is joining the squadies at Wing Co Joes Cafe this year. Should anyone ever bored this weekend ( heaven for bid) there is always the museum its self. I understand theres not much there to see !!!!!!!!!. For all on site details check out www.duxford.iwm.org.uk

Roger and out !
FRP 10th Anniversary Duxford

Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Mogsmex wrote:
I'll be bringing 191 on the back of my Impreza as it's a trailor queen and dont want it getting durty :lol: :lol:

so can I unload with the riff raff then drive 191 round ?

also didnt notice any mention of food ? is there place to get any or shall we bring a packed lunch :mrgreen:

I never thought we would see the day you had a trailer queen car, Glyn! Unloading and parking won't be a problem.

Food is available at three outlets on the museum site:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:WGxAOUTu0MoJ:duxford.iwm.org.uk/upload/pdf/WhereEatDrinkDuxford2.pdf+iwm+duxford+restaurants&hl=en&gl=uk&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiDXq3HrPpzSOBjCpxVU1yereL0NfTbw_pVxTW8OObXj7U00T2XoxjJ_RnlPJ8ZhJrV6WWf9r0OPGSfrMFfvr84FNvWQDRfYVfziw6IZgSMgzqPK-yAWJKhERpjp4UMR5arz1NT&sig=AHIEtbTDKI6OBXhqYO6KdQ9ziYcww06JxA

I don't think there is anything to stop you from bringing a packed lunch though. The events team we have been dealing with did say there was a room in the venue we have hired, where food can be consumed.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

lew87 Newbie

are we allowed to take photo's ourself or not. :)

Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

the way I read it was yes, just not in the rooms where the presentation is held

Ed wrote:

I never thought we would see the day you had a trailer queen car, Glyn! Unloading and parking won't be a problem.

you havent seen the beauty yet :roll: :oops: :lol:

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Yes, you are allowed to take photos throughout the day, apart from in the conference centre, and as long as it is done safely (Duxford will have a fit if not!).

If you arrive before myself (L5 FRP) and Ed (X7 FRP) can you leave the 5 parking bays by the entrance to the Conference Centre free as we have a lot of kit to unload. thanks

see you all sunday
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

slugmoo Newbie

Looking forward to this guys

C U there!

Paul + Mel
Sav
FRP #383
:)

lisafrp User avatar

I will have a few RPOC items with me that can be purchased on the day, Umbrellas, Keyrings, Stickers etc, please see me at signing on with the correct money:

Umbrella - £20 (only 5 left)
Silver sticker - £2
Tax Disc Holder - £5
URL Sticker - £3
Drawstring bag - £10 (only 2 left)
2008 Calendar - £2
Keyring - £5

If you would like to reserve one of the limited number items please drop me an email and I will put your name against it.

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

lew87 Newbie

thats good i will definatley have my camera with me

Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Believe it or not, we have had to wade through a large amount of rules/fees/regulation/fees/health and safety/fees to pull this all together. We'd rather make everyone aware of the things Duxford might get upset about rather than have one of you told "don't do that" on the day.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

lisafrp User avatar

Don't forget the breathing fees too! :shock:

Map below for parking directions

Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

big boy al User avatar

i cant wait, im actually doing a little dance at the moment as im so excited, hope its ok weather tomorrow so i can give the car a wash, has not been cleaned since rs day, 6 whole weeks :shock: lol.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

lisafrp User avatar

lol I can just see you now! :) Lets hope the sun shines tomorrow and Sunday - not looking promising though :(
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

lew87 Newbie

I will be cleaning mine tomorro to duxford seem to be quite strict

L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Anyone travelling from Wales? Dave you up for a convoy? Dogsbody, could meet up on the way through?

spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

For those using sat nav...

Imperial War Museum Duxford
Cambridgeshire
CB22 4QR

Please note that some Sat Nav systems do not yet recognise our new postcode CB22 4QR but do still recognise the old postcode CB2 4QR

V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

L8FRP wrote:
Anyone travelling from Wales? Dave you up for a convoy? Dogsbody, could meet up on the way through?

Leighton we're going up cross country to Tewksbury and accross the cotswolds feel free to ring us tomorrow on 07846 602024 to see if we can meet up on route. Sian is not too well at the moment so its a little fingers crossed as to start time but hoping to set out at 9:00am.

Frp1 Newbie

Who is come down the M1?

I will be joining the M1 at the M18 around 07:20 then meeting up with vas just below newark somewhere.

Ben

Dogsbody User avatar

L8FRP wrote:

I'm meeting Dan FRP252 at the Chippenham junction of the M4 at 7:00 on Sunday morning if you want to tag along.
TomTom says 2.5 hours so it allows time for a quick coffee intake or discharge as required.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Frp1 wrote:
Who is come down the M1?

I will be joining the M1 at the M18 around 07:20 then meeting up with vas just below newark somewhere.

Ben

Ben, We need to try and get the Old Gimmer to join us :) I'll ring him on sunday morning to twist his arm, hehe :) 8)
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Previous

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations