Board index 10th Anniversary Celebrations RPOC 10th Anniversary - RBS Williams F1 CANCELLED

RPOC 10th Anniversary - RBS Williams F1 CANCELLED

This year the FRP is 10 years of age! Discuss all your anniversary plans here.

lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

CANCELLED

Due to lack of interest for this event I have decided to cancel it. Please keep looking at the 10th Anniversary Celebrations section of the forum for details of a new event.

Hi All,

We propose to have a presentation event at RBS Williams F1 Conference Centre - http://www.williamsf1conferences.com/ on either 15th or 22nd March 2010

The cost per person will be approx £56 (TBC) for this you will get:

- A presentation on the Ford Racing Puma - speaker TBC
    - On arrival tea, coffee, Mineral Water and biscuits
    - Mid-morning tea, coffee, mineral water and biscuits
    - Luncheon Sandwiches, Crisps & Fruit served with Mineral Water, Coffee/Tea
    - Mid-afternoon tea, coffee, mineral water and biscuits
    - Tour of the private Williams F1 Grand Prix Collection
    - Security gates & private car parking

There is also an option to hire an F1 Simulator, but this will be at extra cost per person (approx £15 depending on numbers) as it's very expensive!

The day will be limited to approx 50 people, but may be able to be increased if there is enough interest, (priority will be given to current paid up RPOC members if there is high demand for this event)

Please could you put your names down below if you are interested in this event, and also vote in the poll.

This seems like an ideal place to celebrate the 10th Anniversary, along with other celebrations planned througout the year at regular shows.

I also realised today that the 22nd would have been Colin Yamamotos Birthday, so it would be a fitting tribute to our great friend Bok, to have the event on this day.

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

lisafrp User avatar

Please add your name below if you are interested in coming to this event:

1. Lisa and Toby - FRP144
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Dogsbody User avatar

Bit of a shame Wugsy is moth balled till the 1st June.

No track or anywhere to play at Williams?
Not what I was expecting for the 10th.
Last edited by Dogsbody on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

eroom User avatar
RPOC Regular

1. Lisa and Toby - FRP144
2. Paul and Carol - FRP279

Lisa weve got a little one aged about 10 months would this be a problem ?.

Cheers.

lisafrp User avatar

Dogsbody wrote:
Bit of a shame Wugsy is moth balled till the 1st June.

No track or anywhere to play at Williams?
Not what I was expecting for the 10th.

There will be no track time at Williams. What was you expecting for the 10th Graham? The earlier poll revealed that there were not enough people interested to hire a track for £5000 for the day, so we had to squash that route of investigation, unless the people wanting track action were going to spend £300-400 each. We haven't got enough members, or interested people to hire out venues for the day. If you have any better ideas we would love to hear them.

Paul, I'll check with the venue on Monday if it's ok to bring a ickle one along :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Dogsbody User avatar

Not sure what I was expecting, more in the summer than winter / spring time,
But:

There is this at Dunsford, home of top gear.
http://www.wingsandwheels.net/motoring.html
They allow cars out on the runway.
30+ FRP's in formation on the runway would make a good photo to be framed as a memento :wink:

I don't know which places you have already contacted to find out prices and which dates are free.

Duxford does one off car meets
http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/server/show/ConWebDoc.2375

Gaydon? I know there is a track used by Aston Martin behind. There is a link with Tickford. Would they allow us out there?

Haynes motor museum also does club meets and has its own track as far as I'm aware.
I know clubs go and play on that one. :wink:
http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/commercial-services/other-services/test-circuit-hire.html
£675 half a day for everyone or £900 all day on the track with a conferance center look pretty good I thought?
Or just £50 a car if only a few of us want to go out.
Its a Good day out there too looking around the cars.
They sometimes get the odd one out for a airing around the track.
There is a real RS500 Cosworth there.
The Tickford link :wink: They could do a deal? Not sure what dates would be free now as I expect it gets booked up pretty quickly.

Or even something extra at RS Combe like a FRP only track session.

The RS Turbo club used the long runway airfield. (can't think of its name, but I know Ed has been there taking photo's) For its 25th year in 2009

I know it takes a lot of time and effort to arrange these things Lisa and you do it for the club members for no cost.
So I'm not moaning, just surprised.
I presume the guest speaker will be Peter?
Last edited by Dogsbody on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

I think that the FRP is a one of special edition car and in my opinion seeing that it is the tenth anniversary somthing needs to be done apart from castle combe wich is a year on event. Would it be possible to get the top gear air strip for instance and get the press and car mags involved or will it turn out to be just another forgoten event i am saying this as other people who i know who have FRP,s are asking whats going on. I am just putting into words what i am hearing at the moment as this isnt personal and i think that somthing of a special event needs to come out of this for the tenth aniversary.
I Dream im on Vacation as I like the way that Sounds Its the Perfect Conversation for Me.

Puma Winner Top Gear Competition for best reflective paint finish and shine.
2009 detailing award santa pod.
2009 FRP prize winner castle combe

V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Unfortunately both dates are a Monday so at this time of the year I just cannot take time away from work. I'm sure there will be other events we can get too later in the season. Looks like a great day out however and I'm sure that those attending will have a superb time.

big boy al User avatar

i wont be able to do midweek either as only just started back at my job and just had too book a day off for bedford.

i know alot of effort has gone into this but i dont think many people will be able to get a work day off with such short notice :-(
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

22nd march is free for me.... :D

Top Gear test track idea sounds great too.... i'd be on for either or BOTH... :twisted: :twisted:

Chris

big boy al User avatar

is there no way this can be at a weekend as this is properly going to [profanity replaced] me off if i cant go.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

lisafrp User avatar

big boy al wrote:
is there no way this can be at a weekend as this is properly going to [profanity replaced] me off if i cant go.

Sorry Al, the available dates they gave me were all weekdays - any event later in the year increased the price to £70 per head which I thought was a bit steep! I can ask if there are any weekend dates and get prices, but I doubt they will be cheap :(.

If anyone else wants to put the time in to organise something else then feel free. If we don't get the numbers this event will be cancelled anyway, so good to have a backup plan.

I have contacted Duxford to see what they can offer.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

lisafrp User avatar

I just heard back from Williams, they can do weekends (even though they didn't send me those as available dates to start with!!), and they are the same price as a weekday which is great.

So dates I would be looking at are Sun 21st and Sun 28th (double checking availability now) - I will amend the poll accordingly, thanks to those that have voted before, please could you re-vote, and I will re-start the list!

1. Lisa and Toby FRP 144
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

eroom User avatar
RPOC Regular

1. Lisa and Toby FRP 144
2. Paul and Carol FRP 279

lisafrp User avatar

THIS EVENT HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED

SORRY TO THOSE OF YOU THAT WANTED TO ATTEND, PLEASE SEE ALTERNATIVE CELEBRATION TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Return to 10th Anniversary Celebrations