Board index FRP Q & A? chassis no of frp poss re-shell? #138

chassis no of frp poss re-shell? #138

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:28 pm
new boy Newbie

hi guys, hopefully somebody can help, looking for a frp as a track car and found one on pistonheads yesterday, declared as a cat c damaged car back in 2000 selling for £3500, told the guy i would defo take it and would meet him next week halfway, i stay in scotland, he is in wales.after an hpi check this morning the car is coming back as a cat b in 2000, but that would mean it should have been broken for spares and shell scrapped! vin no starts with SAB, but found out frps never started with these letters! am i missinformed or does this look like a re-shell using standard puma shell? the plate on the car at present is R555PJB and previously R40JNG. can anybody help? dont mind an accident repaired car but dont want a pretender! :?

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:38 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

it is 138.

it was reshelled by pumaspeed if i remember correctly, ed on the site will know but thats what i recall so must have used a standard puma shell.

looks in great nick for 3.5k too i was honestly thinking about buying a second one as if the job was done right it doesnt matter.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:00 pm
3Ddunk User avatar

I think, unless it been changed, it has a standard puma gearbox.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:34 am
new boy Newbie

maybe just being over worried, just didnt expect it to come back as cat b, as you say its ok as long as its done right! and asuming pumaspeed know what they are doing? i am new to the racing puma thing, but looks like i will learn a lot on here! any more help appreciated! not to bothered about the gearbox as that will be coming out anyway, along with the engine!

Return to FRP Q & A?