Board index FRP Q & A? SLAM PANEL ADVICE.

SLAM PANEL ADVICE.

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:16 pm
OO7FRP Newbie

Looking to get a FRP, i've seen some with a black slam panel and a few advertised seem to have a blue slam panel, is the normal or possible accident repair ? i've looked at one with a blue slam panel which has come back clear on a HPI check ? any advice, Thanks. :?

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:17 pm
3Ddunk User avatar

Black slam panel = prodution car, FRP manifold
Blue slam panel = press car, FMC manifold the first 22 had them but some had them replaced by ford to FRP manifold.

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:22 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

and in the odd case i have seen a few with blue slam panels after an accident repair. So if your almost certain it's not an FMC then most probably it has had some kind of repair work.

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:04 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

There have been plenty of Racing Pumas that have had unrecorded front-end shunts and have been repaired. In the majority of cases, the repairers have decided to spray the slam panel blue.

The 23 FMC cars are the only ones which were built to include imperial blue in the underbonnet area.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:13 pm
OO7FRP Newbie

Cheers guys, the car was HPI clear so unless one of the pervious keepers has had it done for cash or can provide a good reason then i take it that it's been in some sort of front end damage ?. Did the FMC cars have a full blue engine bay or just the slam panel ?.

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:16 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

full blue even the strut tops and the underside of the bonnet etc.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Return to FRP Q & A?