Board index FRP Q & A? Re:- Funny Noise-Help!

Re:- Funny Noise-Help!

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:36 pm
brushnut Newbie

Reference the article posted April 2008 on the noise from the RH front brake, my wife's FRP#354 is suddenly doing exactly the same thing. Took it for a service where the front wheels were removed for tyre replacement. Drove it away and that same noise as described coming from front RH wheel, more pronounced driving straight and in RH turns, goes away on LH turns and during braking. Took it back to the garage where they reckoned it was due to the glaze build up on the pads which happens more ( they said ) because of the grooved upgraded discs on the front. Anyway, after cleaning up the pads, car still the same, so it has to go back again next week for them to investigate further.

On another subject, anyone trying to remove the Ford locking wheel nuts after losing the special adaptor tool, I found out recently that a 14mm multi point spark plug socket hammered over the nut and a breaker bar, gets them off in no time!!

Post Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:13 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

http://frpoc.freeforums.org/dreaded-frp ... .html#6018

iv'e copied this info for you...

pm me if you want any more info or advice on this annoying issue!..

Regards

Chris

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:21 pm
brushnut Newbie

Thanks Chris, but this link doesn't seem to open anymore. Says ''the topic or post you requested does not exist anymore''. Would be very interested to read it though if you know where its gone?
Regards

Steve B

Post Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:29 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

hi brushnut, welcome to the forum :D you have to be a member of RPOC to gain access to the whole forum where you'll be able to read up on how how chris demonstrates how to salvage some of the worst calibers around!

Post Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:49 pm
brushnut Newbie

OK, maybe we're doing this all wrong. My wife sent the funds via Paypal, as the joining instructions for the club stated, and hasn't heard a thing in a week. The funds are still sat unclaimed by the RPOC. We really wanted to find out what Chris had to say about this noise on her car before it went back to the garage. Is the Paypal joining option not a recognised route for RPOC membership anymore, or have we missed something??

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:57 am
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

no you have done everything right, not to worry! as soon as Lisa or Ed comes on line to verify payment the forum will be unlocked :)

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:21 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi Steve,

Are you sure you sent this to the correct email addres as I am always infomed of new payments and do not usually have to collect them as they go straight into the account.

I have just checked the Paypal account and do not see anything in there from you.

Please check that the payment has gone to memberships@fordracingpuma.com

cheers
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Return to FRP Q & A?