Board index FRP Q & A? FRP 170 Is Ours!

FRP 170 Is Ours!

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:43 am
Jimbo22 Newbie

Hi everyone,

As you may have seen in the for sale section, we were looking to purchase an FRP. Well after some homework a lot of calls and viewings we finally decided to purchase FRP 170.

It is a one owner car 61,000 on the clock with full service history. This example was meticulously looked after and was cleaned more than driven. This does show as it is in beautiful condition.

A slight issue with running (only covered 451 miles in the past year) but a new set of plugs, leads, fresh fuel and filter proved to sort this out and is now running like a dream.

Spent a good few hours with a clay bar and the polishing kit and has brought the paint up to a showroom shine.

I parked it out on my drive, came in for a cup of tea and heard the engine start and it disappear....... Like a maniac I ran outside, but it was gone! I rushed back in and shouted out to my wife but had no reply...... Cheeky thing had taken it out. Talk about a heart stopping moment. 30 mins later she returned with a beeping smile on her face. Got to love her!

Like with anything with me and cars I already have a list of parts I want to order. Not because it needs it, but because I want it to lbe as good as new.

I'm not sure I want to go the upgrade route, but the original how it should be route.

Are there any meets, shows coming up soon?

We are based in Wiltshire are there any other puma people local to the area?

Sorry if I've sent anybody to sleep with this.

Jimbo

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:59 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Welcome to FRP ownership I think you'll find a couple of other FRP owners in your area

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:52 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

welcome to ownership
shame a week late we did a meet at Castle Combe begining of the month.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 am
Jimbo22 Newbie

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Look forward to meeting some of you soon!

We are based in Warminster and have seen another FRP driving around recently. Haven't yet caught the reg, but with warminster being a small town I'm sure we'll spot it again!

Jimbo

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm
Paul0008 Newbie

Been driving around your territory today Jimbo :D
Been down to Blandford Forum, staying over in Frome then off to Radstock tomorrow.
Not in the FRP though, unfortunately it's work :(

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:36 pm
Jimbo22 Newbie

Hey Paul,

Your only 7 miles from us! You should of popped in for a cuppa.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:20 pm
Paul0008 Newbie

Could have done had I known :)
I didn't see your post till I was in Premier Inn having my dinner. Can't drive anywhere now though :lol:
As Kate said, you just missed out on a good day at Castle Combe last week. There's a meeting at Silverstone 3rd August..Ford Fair. There'll be a few FRPs on the project puma stand. If you're quick you may get a stand pass, I think there's a few left.
If not why don't you call in and say hello.
Paul

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:55 am
Jimbo22 Newbie

Will check to see if we are free on the 3rd.

If we are where do we obtain a stand pass?

Jimbo

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:05 pm
Paul0008 Newbie

If you sign up to project puma, the organiser is Cherie. As I said, I think there were some spare passes but not certain.

Return to FRP Q & A?