Board index FRP Q & A? Insurance Valuations For Agreed Value.

Insurance Valuations For Agreed Value.

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:16 pm
pandy Newbie

Does anyone on here feel qualified to give a valuation for insurance purposes?

If the valuation comes from a learned and longstanding member of the club and they are happy to put it writing
i believe it will be recognised by my insurance company for agreed value purposes on my classic car policy.

Obviously many classic car values are on the up incuding most Motorsport inspired old Fords (hopefully incuding
our machines).

What do people think an absolutely immaculate FRP with 19.500 miles is worth these days? Note insurance valuations
agreed values are generally slightly above what the car would realise on the open market. Am i being unrealistic in
saying £12,000? More or less? Opinions and help appreciated!
Last edited by pandy on Fri May 02, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Very difficult subject as any vehicle is only worth what the market dictates. First thing I would say is that the constituent parts of the cars are worth more than some FRP's are changing hands for. Minimum valuation to me ranges from 6k to 8k. Low mileage can be a bonus or a hindrance depending on service history. A press car in my opinion has a premium (but I am biased). At the moment prior to any recognition in the classic car market as to the rarity and provenance of our little toys I would say it is very difficult to value a FRP over 10k. Long term I believe they will get the recognition they deserve and will take off price wise.
Hope that helps and I value other members thoughts.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 11:24 pm
pandy Newbie

Thanks for the feedback and thoughts! Mine has a complete and regular Main Dealer/ Tremona/ Pumabuild service
history from new - all documented. No expense spared on maintainance and keeping the rotworm away!

There doesn't seem to be a big enough differential between average and exceptional ones at the moment. I don't
think people realise how much investment is required to bring them up to show standard!

Post Sat May 03, 2014 10:09 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

There are very few cars as low mileage as yours, but having tracked prices recently cheap ones go for circa £4k and really nice ones are struggling t reach £7.5k so even with your low mileage I would struggle to give market valuation of over £8.5k.

Would I sell mine for that - no way. What they are worth and what they currently sell for are miles apart

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

I've just insured mine through Adrian Flux and asked for mine to be insured at an agreed value of 10k.. have sent them pictures of the car and engine etc...

just waiting for them to ok it now.... :)

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

pandy wrote:
Am i being unrealistic in
saying £12,000? More or less? Opinions and help appreciated!

sounds bang on to me for insurance purposes with that milage.... would be hard to get that on Ebay of course..lol :lol:

Chris

speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

I am sitting on the paper work to do mine as my Adrian Flux policy supports an agreed value.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Paul0008 Newbie

Blue3 wrote:
Would I sell mine for that - no way. What they are worth and what they currently sell for are miles apart

Unfortunately that's just how it is. Any vehicle, or anything for that matter, is only worth what the market dictates.
I just sold an immaculate low mileage Ducati 748, it was worth a lot more to me than what I got for it. If I'd broken it up I could have made nearly twice as much :(

Why would you sell a 748 and was it in yellow?
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Thu May 15, 2014 10:16 pm
Paul0008 Newbie

Hi Kate, it was a red one. I just wasn't riding it any more and couldn't really justify keeping it. It was the typical heart/head battle and head won :(
Plus, the money will come in handy for the 4 wheeled shiny blue vehicle :wink:
Paul

A toy swap :D

Paul0008 Newbie

:D :D

Return to FRP Q & A?