Board index FRP Q & A? FRP Insurance - Who's best?

FRP Insurance - Who's best?

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:45 pm
Muz_Wez Newbie

Recently bought FRP 082 and it will only be used as a summer driver for no more than 2000 miles per annum. Who's likely to be the most competitive broker/insurance provider to use?

I'm 41, my no claims are allocated to my main car, the Puma is garaged at home, I have 3 points from a CU80 2 years ago and a £4000 paid out accident repair claim from 2009 from when I hit a deer that ran out in front of me. One company won't quote (can't remember their name), the other only cover classics over 20 years old (Footman James) and the third (Adrian Flux) want £545 per annum which is insane!

Over to you guys, but all suggestions gratefully received.

Muz

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:44 pm
pandy Newbie

Try Classicline Insurance. Admittedly i'm 46 with no convictions or recent claims but i've just paid £193 for my renewal and that's an agreed value policy with full European breakdown insurance included and no mileage limitation!

I think that will be very hard to beat! Only proviso is its pleasure/social use only so not suitable for those who use their
cars to commute but i'd expect a fair few cosseted FRPs are used on this basis only nowadays. They'll give you
additional discount if you've got more than one 'classic' to insure too.

Return to FRP Q & A?