Board index FRP Q & A? Fitting 3 Point Seatbelts To Ford Racing Puma Sparco Seats

Fitting 3 Point Seatbelts To Ford Racing Puma Sparco Seats

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

James Enwood RPOC Regular

I am looking at fitting and buying 3 point seat belts to a Ford Racing Puma, but does anyone have any information and pictures of how they are fitted to a Ford Racing Puma?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 2BI%252BSS

The below picture is taken from a different website.

James

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:16 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

i fitted mine to various points already being used by the factory seat belt mechanism. I used the bolt holding the black rail on the one side of the seat, and the bolt holding the pretensioner on the other side. For the rear i used the bolts holding the seatbelts to the floor pan in the middle of the back seat.

I would recommend not removing any of the original seatbelts though in fear of failling the MOT. 8)

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:32 pm

L8FRP wrote:
i fitted mine to various points already being used by the factory seat belt mechanism. I used the bolt holding the black rail on the one side of the seat, and the bolt holding the pretensioner on the other side. For the rear i used the bolts holding the seatbelts to the floor pan in the middle of the back seat.

I would recommend not removing any of the original seatbelts though in fear of failling the MOT. 8)

Any chance of putting up some pictures to match your useful information? and thank you for what you have just said as it helps me out.

James

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:44 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

yeah no probs, my point and shoot digi is off having the sensor changed at the mo but i'll take a few mobile pics if that'll help?

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:30 pm

L8FRP wrote:
yeah no probs, my point and shoot digi is off having the sensor changed at the mo but i'll take a few mobile pics if that'll help?

A few pictures with your mobile phone would be great.

James :D

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:21 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

James,

I had a look at this link yesterday on pp, but didn't get a chance to reply.

If you go for those harnesses you will need to fit eye bolts to your car, which isn't easy if you want to retain the standard seat belts.

I would also recommend that you go for a good make, and don't scrimp on harnesses as they are there to save your life.

Lots of people (including myself as we were the first to fit them) have THESE SCHROTH ONES which allow you to move forward when needed, but locks as soon as any G forces are detected.

These are fitted in the same way that Leighton explained, but you fit an extra box which triggers the G mechanism into the heated rear screen wire in the boot (from memory). Well worth the money.

If you want a fixed one then I would go for either THIS SPARCO ONE or THIS ONE

Just found THESE SPARCO 3 POINTS on ebay :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Dont know if anyone is interested, but I am currently in the process of being set us a distributor fro Schroth harnesses, If you are pm me and once its set up I will sort out as good a deal as poss for anyone on the site who wants them.

Hope its ok to put this admin, just trying to help members if they do want them ones!

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:05 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Given the difficulties some people have had in sourcing them since Safety Devices had problems, I'm sure this would be welcomed.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 pm
lisafrp User avatar

That would be great :)

I would recommend Schroth harnesses to anyone, we have the clubman 3" in the turbo puma - very comfortable, and makes you feel very safe :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:00 am
craigfrp Newbie

fitted mine today what a load of crap!

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:11 pm
lisafrp User avatar

What's crap?
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:34 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Brown stuff that you dont want to get on your shoes Lisa! At least thats what it is over here in Wales.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:10 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Thanks Dave, I did wonder ;)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Return to FRP Q & A?