Board index FRP Q & A? Genuine Alcantara availability, please read!!!!!!!!!

Genuine Alcantara availability, please read!!!!!!!!!

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

FRP426 Newbie

I am updating all current FRP owners with the reality of availability of the Genuine Blue Alcantara material needed for trimming seats/wheels/door cards etc for our cars.
I have spoken to Boyriven in Andover and they will reproduce the material and colour shade for a minimum order of 400 linear metres at 62.50 plus 20% VAT per metre run (the cloth is 1.4 metres wide). This amount is clearly impossible to justify anyone buying in one go.
I have also spoken to the factory direct to find out if they or any agents may have some original stock still. The answer is NO. It was a special run ordered by FORD and the material that Boyriven had (and no longer have any) was the surplus as Ford originally ordered enough only for 1000 cars and 500 were built.
This situation forces us into doing something different if you want to retrim your cars, which I am now offering through the all the Puma Clubs.
The options are:
1) use a different colour blue (still made by Alcantara) but none of their standard colours are anywhere near a colour match
2) use a different manufacturers material (which can be a close match to Alcantara in design/feel/look/usability and durability) but still Faux Leather
For option 2) I have done some detective work and have sourced some samples of material which is normally stocked in UK and would not need to be ordered in large Factory quantities. The look of these alternatives is certainly pretty good the colour match is pretty close. If anyone wants me to quote for FRP retrims including: Sparco Seats including perforated leather patches, rear seat cushions, steering wheels, gearstick gaiters, handbrake covers or door and rear panel cards then a decision needs to be made to switch to this alternative.
I have also managed to resource the perforated "leather" and my trimmer has done a few seat bolster patches on my Sparco FRP seats and I am very pleased with the result so have no hesitation in offering this to you.
I will quote on an individual basis. Please state whether you are free-issuing own material or not. I will send samples of the alternative materials and colour for you to decide before doing the work.
I am based in Camberley Surrey and my contact details are 0127631280 or 07527296757
John Arundell FRP426 and 476

Return to FRP Q & A?