Board index FRP Q & A? Rev Limit/Rev Counter

Rev Limit/Rev Counter

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm
markc Newbie

I understand that the rev limit of my FRP is, or should be, 7,200rpm but according to my rev counter it cuts at 7,000rpm. It's the same in 2nd or 3rd gear, not tried it in 4th (yet).

Is this normal/correct or should I see the needle go beyond the 7 on the dial?

Cheers

Mark

Post Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:52 pm
FRP9 RPOC Regular

Mine revs up so quick I never get the chance to look at the dial, so couldn't tell you.

Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:12 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

My rev limiter stops at 7K but the car continues to rev.
Don't worry about it.
I have shift lights set for red at 7K and the car revs well past that with the rev counter stopped at 7000.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 pm
markc Newbie

Hmmm, mine definitely limits (cuts out) just as the rev counter needle hits 7 on the dial. The engine is still pulling at this point so feels like it would keep going for a bit.

I'd like to hear what others car do and what you see on the rev counter in case I'm missing out on a couple of hundred revs of fun :D

Cheers

Mark

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:53 pm
jay frp401 RPOC Regular

mines goes round to 7200, you can do a test on the clocks and when its in test mode you can drive it and also you can see it in the lcd on the clocks where it should go round to it, mines used to go to 6800 as soon foundnt out it had worrg ecu, lol but soon sorted that. try the test on clocks by holding the pin in and start car, after that keep pressing it till the rpm is on the lcd and go for a drive, your soon see what i mean :)

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:13 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

You can tell by the speeds you can get in each gear to check if your revving properly. Around 90 in third and 110 in 4th. Around Castle Combe of course. ;-)
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Return to FRP Q & A?