Board index FRP Q & A? cleaning seats

cleaning seats

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:32 pm
fluke Newbie

well today i started out with the intent of giving 292 a quick wash.... this was at 8am 8 and a half hours later im still going and have taken out the front seats to give the carpet a good clean, but the seats have a few marks on them and wearing of the fabric! any ideas to get them looking good as new people?

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:16 pm
markc Newbie

I had remarkable success cleaning just using Halfords Foam upholstery cleaner and a towell, then finishing with a "bobble off" shaver on both my drivers seat and steering wheel. If I could figure out how to post pics show a before and after :oops:

I don't think you need to be too scared of Alcantara, in my experience its not that fussy about being cleaned but you I know that you CAN end up staining it with some products or by getting it very wet with them.

Cheers

Mark

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:15 pm
racingpuma1982 RPOC Regular

A good shapoo like autoglym interior shampoo and a decent microfibre cloth. Rub in one direction only though. Worked wonders on my seats and steering wheel. Any excess can be trimmed with a lint shaver or razor if your careful.

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:05 pm
fluke Newbie

some cleaned my steering weel and at 1st it lookd amazeing, now its just falling apart and is fugly, and i am petrified of the seats looking the same way!

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:41 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

No need for fancy cleaning products, just some warm water with a spot of fairy: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1322 8)

Return to FRP Q & A?