Board index FRP Q & A? HID Xenon Kits, Is there any interest?

HID Xenon Kits, Is there any interest?

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:52 pm
frp_024 User avatar

Im currently able to get my hands on a few sets of HB3 HID Xenon conversion kits which will fit the FRP. Just trying to work out if there is any interest in this at all. The cost would be £85-£90 (depending on interest). That cost would be for two kits, one set to convert dipped beam and one set for main beam. (not a bad price considering they are £85 a set on pumabuild and this is for two). They are not cheap nasty kits, they come with AC digital slim ballasts rather than fat chunky ones, e marked HID bulbs so UK legal, all the wiring and a 12 month manufacturer warranty.

If there is any interest then please let me know.
Thanks
FRP-024
My Wee Project Thread - Clicky

Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Hi, no point converting main beam.
The HID's take a few moments to come on and with the nature of main beam where you flick it off and on again with traffic, not too good an idea.
Besides a Puma's main beam lights are fine, just dipped that's abysmal.

They are still illegal to fit to a car that wasn't designed to have them fitted regardless of what the seller tells you.
They require auto levelling and a washer system too.

Think I paid around £50 for my set a couple of years ago. Best mod I have ever done to a Puma.
Wish I had done my previous two.
On the down side, I have heard they are including a check to see if HID's have been retro fitted in the MOT :cry:
So I will have to pop the original bulbs back in for that then.

Halfords extreme brilliance bulbs come a close second to HID. :wink:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

eroom User avatar
RPOC Regular

Just been reading about the changes to the mot regarding hids graham, at the moment its just a proposed change from the end of this year.
Whether they actually bring it in is a different matter, a family member is an mot tester and speaking to him he hasnt been informed of any changes yet but you never know.
Have been thinking of removing mine as i need some new headlights and cant be bothered to refit the hids, may just get some of the halford bulbs.

Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I must admit I'm not too bothered either.
I have seen the car before mine take Wugsy's emission test before as I was concerned about it passing :shock:
So I'm hardly going to be picked up on HID head lights...
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Return to FRP Q & A?