Board index FRP Q & A? alternat vehicles?

alternat vehicles?

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 pm
fluke Newbie

i have always loved the frp, and when i finally got my hands on 292 it was a dream come true! BUT i am starting to rack up the miles on her and she was a little tatty when i got her. SO i am looking for something fun, fairly quick and cheap so i can have 292 off of the road for some serious TLC but i cant find anything i fancy i keep getting side tracked with skylines ect but want something cheap so all my penny's can go on 292.....

any suggestions people?

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:43 pm
Xrion Newbie

A std 1.7 puma?

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Can't go wrong with a cheap fiesta...always handy to have a car that shares similar parts when diagnosing issues ... :lol:

:mrgreen:

Chris

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 pm
bonnietiler RPOC Regular

Now I know it is the brand of which we never speak!!!
The English Opel...but I bought on a well known auction site a one owner from new 1998 *stra CDX 2.0 auto with full vauxhall service history 66k.
£350
I used it yesterday to travel to Basingstoke to collect the Rocket 111
Admittedly, I drove like my Maiden aunt 65mph.....
46mpg
When the moment takes you though under 9 to 60 and a top end of just short of 130!
I keep meaning to sell it...but...I mean...£350!
Oh yes no rust, air con works...leccy windows...sunroof...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 am
markc Newbie

fluke wrote:
SO i am looking for something fun, fairly quick and cheap so i can have 292 off of the road for some serious TLC but i cant find anything i fancy...

How quick and how cheap?... and what do you need it for?

A Mk1 Focus 1.8 Zetec is very practical and a cracking drive for something so mundane so would be my choice at below a grand for example 8)

I got into this "bangernomics" phemomanon a few years ago when I was running a Porsche 993 as my daily driver. Like you I felt I was killing the car, and my wallet, with the dreary have to do motoring, and while the car could do it it just seemed a waste of it's talents. My first banger was an old Saab 900 (£300 from eBay) which was an inspired choice as it cost me next to nothing to run for 2 yrs. Saving the special car for real occassions and the more interesting journeys makes driving it feel more of an event as well... "familiarity breeds contempt" and all that. Be careful though the temptation to upgrade the banger is also hard to resist. I'm now on a 2001 E430 Merc Estate.

The argument against the superior economy of weasel (diesel) power for the daily beater is hard to resist but I'm so anti the devils fuel I continue to rebel against that one :twisted:

Cheers

Mark

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:46 pm
fluke Newbie

i am terribly tempted to get another frp if the right deal comes up but the joy 292 brings me id feel a little bad hogging another example some one could be enjoying!

Return to FRP Q & A?