Board index FRP Q & A? newbie looking to buy a frp

newbie looking to buy a frp

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:17 pm
rodmyster Newbie

Hi,im looking to buy a frp this year or next if I can sell my mk5 fiesta zetec s . I was wondering what sort of price I should buy 1 for?ive seen 1 in a mag for around £6000 with 58000,is this the sort of price they go for.

I have looked at the things to look out for when buying 1 and found it very helpful,any advise would be cool. 8)

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:38 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

It all depends on what sort of car you are after and what you want to do with it.

Immaculate low mileage, 1 to 2 owner cars with complete documented history and maintainence, then expect to pay between £10k to £12k.

Good condition examples with 3 or 4 owners, average miles for age and a history of maintainence, then you're looking £7-9K.

Poor to average condition, high milers (80k plus) with possible incomplete history, then you're looking £5-7k.

There are also examples that have less miles than a few years ago, and quite a few with undeclared damage history...all waiting to catch out the unwary.

All that said, some people get desperate and sell nice ones for peanuts! If you get one like that, count yourself lucky :)
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:58 pm
FRP149 RPOC Regular

The current trend would probably suggest those prices are a little high Ed, though im desperately hoping that the price of these cars does start to rise again.

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:11 pm
spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

I paid £5300 for a 59K one.... was a bit tatty, and didnt have the cam belt done on it! :(

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:12 pm
James Enwood RPOC Regular

Ed wrote:
It all depends on what sort of car you are after and what you want to do with it.

Immaculate low mileage, 1 to 2 owner cars with complete documented history and maintainence, then expect to pay between £10k to £12k.

Good condition examples with 3 or 4 owners, average miles for age and a history of maintainence, then you're looking £7-9K.

Poor to average condition, high milers (80k plus) with possible incomplete history, then you're looking £5-7k.

There are also examples that have less miles than a few years ago, and quite a few with undeclared damage history...all waiting to catch out the unwary.

All that said, some people get desperate and sell nice ones for peanuts! If you get one like that, count yourself lucky :)

What about examples like myself with no service history, bodywork in average condition, 50,000 miles? worth £6000.00?

James

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:46 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

When you say no service history, do you mean its never had a service, or never been done at a Ford garage, or have you done it yourself?

If you have done it yourself and kept the receipts from the items you have purchased to do the work then I think that would class as having a service!?

Are you thinking of selling then James?
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:18 pm

lisafrp wrote:
When you say no service history, do you mean its never had a service, or never been done at a Ford garage, or have you done it yourself?

If you have done it yourself and kept the receipts from the items you have purchased to do the work then I think that would class as having a service!?

Are you thinking of selling then James?

I purchased my own FRP with no service history/no service book and no receipts of any work that has been over the last 7 years.

I cannot the sell my own FRP as its sell on H.P.

I will of course keep all the receipts as time goes by, but I cannot afford to get anything done to my own FRP by a garage, on till the H.P. is all paid off, this is one of the main reasons why I only do 100 miles a month in my own FRP.

I can of course do small jobs myself like repaint the brake calipers, fit brighter headlights bulbs, fit innovision aero wiper blades, fit a retrimmed steering wheel, and small jobs like that.

James

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:20 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Why can't you have any work done by a garage until the HP is paid off?
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:30 pm
spikebmth RPOC Enthusiast

lack of money I expect... It doesn;t grow on trees!

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:28 pm

spikebmth wrote:
lack of money I expect... It doesn;t grow on trees!

True, lack of money it is at my end, as money does not grow on trees.

James

Post Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:39 pm
rodmyster Newbie

Thank you for the advise I thought £6000 would get me an ok 1 lol

Return to FRP Q & A?