Board index FRP Q & A? FRP Custom Suspension Springs..

FRP Custom Suspension Springs..

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 pm
Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

Springs now fitted all i need now is my new 18" wheels going on then it will be finished.
I Dream im on Vacation as I like the way that Sounds Its the Perfect Conversation for Me.

Puma Winner Top Gear Competition for best reflective paint finish and shine.
2009 detailing award santa pod.
2009 FRP prize winner castle combe

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:17 am
Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

get some pics up chap :)
Matt
FRP #435

Post Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:30 pm
Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

I need to find the right wheels now i do have some in mind but should have them in the next couple of weeks also took it out around the lake district on Sunday and you can push it round corners at faster speed now and it just grips the road awsome.
I Dream im on Vacation as I like the way that Sounds Its the Perfect Conversation for Me.

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:23 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Can we not see some pics of the car as it is now?

Also what spring rate did you opt for? Standard but with a shorter coil?

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:26 pm
Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

I will take some pictures at the weekend as i am working and dont seem to get much time at the moment cheers.

Post Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:54 pm
carrboy Newbie

Come on we want pictures!

Post Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Hot Wheels wrote:
you can push it round corners at faster speed now and it just grips the road awsome.

lol.. thats hilarious Barry.. I doubt very much you've driven it even half as hard as the boys did round boreham when testing the FRP.. :wink:

I tried the speedline wheels on the FRP as i was keen to try a lighter wheel on a 205 width to see if the car was quicker and more nimble.... The car did feel very agile and light ... the offset of the wheel was the same but it was 7j rather than 7.5... when me and vas compared the car with and without the standard wheels, it was INSTANTLY obvious the car felt WAYYY better on the standard wheels, the true FRP feel is on the standard wheel i feel... 8)

Even the subtle change in tyre choice can make the car feel very different..so i would say personally that changing the wheel to 18" would Totally spoil the drive of the car... :?

your choice tho... :lol:

Chris

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:45 pm
Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

El dude wrote:
Hot Wheels wrote:
you can push it round corners at faster speed now and it just grips the road awsome.

lol.. thats hilarious Barry.. I doubt very much you've driven it even half as hard as the boys did round boreham when testing the FRP.. :wink:

I tried the speedline wheels on the FRP as i was keen to try a lighter wheel on a 205 width to see if the car was quicker and more nimble.... The car did feel very agile and light ... the offset of the wheel was the same but it was 7j rather than 7.5... when me and vas compared the car with and without the standard wheels, it was INSTANTLY obvious the car felt WAYYY better on the standard wheels, the true FRP feel is on the standard wheel i feel... 8)

Even the subtle change in tyre choice can make the car feel very different..so i would say personally that changing the wheel to 18" would Totally spoil the drive of the car... :?

your choice tho... :lol:

Chris

Hi Chris good point maybe I should take it round the Nurburg Ring and give you a run for your money LOL well for the other I did give it a good blast driving down to Le Mans in June but their wasnt any rozzers behind me maybe i had the auto pilot switched on LOL. I know a lot of people wouldn't do or try any mods on an FRP but thats their choice and not mine as for the issue of lowering the car ?. Well FRP 250 is back to its origonal speck and i am looking forward to taking it to the Nurburg Ring nex year cheers.

Post Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:41 am
yingxuy Newbie

Even a few millimeters at the top of the rubber compression installed, you can have your carpet slipping round. some people will misuse what doesn't need, Wedding Cufflinks no matter what the opinion, I think that mess.

Previous

Return to FRP Q & A?