Board index FRP Q & A? Ford Racing Puma - Front Disc Brakes

Ford Racing Puma - Front Disc Brakes

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Wed May 11, 2011 3:12 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Can anyone supply me with the exact sizes of the Alcon Front disc brakes.

Trying to figure out if it is possible to adapt a larger disc to the same specification. If anyone can shed any light on this it would be a great help, like most FRP owners I find it disgusting to pay £399 for a set of replacement front discs and seeing what other possibilities there are than replacing the whole front brake setup, especially as the bloody things can create 0.9 of g force under braking. :twisted:

David
FRP314

Post Wed May 11, 2011 3:42 pm
red User avatar
RPOC Regular

You could use the Hi-Spec bell and rotor equivalent. That way next time you'd only have to change the rotors.
I believe the dimensions of a new disk are 295mm x 28mm

In fact I've just confirmed this on the PB website http://pumabuild.co.uk/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=2197
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Post Wed May 11, 2011 5:32 pm
bonnietiler RPOC Regular

I have a pair of the Ford Focus reduced size jobbies that need a washer or 2 to position them correctly ...I think they came from Pumabuild, they've done around 10k might need a skim, but you can have them for next to nothing if you like?
I've got a pair of near minty rear discs too
bonnietiler

Post Wed May 11, 2011 6:31 pm
RPOC Regular

bonnietiler wrote:
I have a pair of the Ford Focus reduced size jobbies that need a washer or 2 to position them correctly ...I think they came from Pumabuild, they've done around 10k might need a skim, but you can have them for next to nothing if you like?
I've got a pair of near minty rear discs too
bonnietiler

Fantastic, that would be brilliant as mine are shaking to buggery and the front right has a massive score in it :shock:

Can you PM the price please.

I will still endeavour to look in to this further and see what other alternatives might be possible

David
FRP314

Post Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 pm
bonnietiler RPOC Regular

Just sent you some pictures
Regards
Brian

Post Wed May 11, 2011 10:35 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

machining a 28mm x 300mm disc down to 295 is not the problem...when you take into account the offset and more importantly the QUALITY it's just not worth it.... using washers to space the caliper is a bodge as it will also mean you'll have to play with the pad thickness too... :?

the true price of the discs if a new batch were to be made up is significantly more than £400 :idea: thats the old price..lol

I can let a set go for a bit cheaper if you want to retain the 'proper' fitment and quality..pm me.. :wink:

Post Wed May 11, 2011 10:40 pm
RPOC Regular

El dude, some very good points raised.

Hi Spec option appears to be a good choice,especially as it saves money in the long term.

More on this soon, need to hit the sack.

David
FRP314

Return to FRP Q & A?