Board index FRP Q & A? Mini Detail! FRP Celeste Dettaglio content***

Mini Detail! FRP Celeste Dettaglio content***

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

gally Newbie

Hi guys, I post quite a bit on Detailing world so I thought i'd pop this over here and let you see how 467 is getting on. :)

I have a hoard of part still to fit in the cupboard so i'll save that for the next detail. :)

Ignore most of the chat and the gearknob was done by Scuba steve, first class service.

Holla again! Not done some asw'ing in around 2 hours so need's need!

Grab a cup of tea! :D

Little write up again from me, trying out a couple of products last Thursday, and really to see how my new camera coped. It's not seen much car/detailing action yet mostly just days out.

The weather has been a lovely addition to my detailing so far this year I must say! So much nicer with late nights and decent temps to detail in rather than staying at my work and slaving away.

Anyway onto the detail in hand...

No real before wash pictures wasn't that kind of detail the car was "looking clean" i'm sure you know what I mean.

Anyway washed the car before I left work, wheels also done with some Britegel and g101 for the tyres, still a cracking combination.

Recently I had been looking at pre-sprays, citrus ones in particular so James at AF was very very kind and sent me a sample of AF's new Zest pre-spray.

Been looking forward to trying it for a while anyway couple of quick pictures from the phone...

Before...

Image Image

After...

Image Image

No agitation with my mitt or any brushes, just lightly PW'd off.

A superb product. Really did exactly what i'd hoped it would and also cleaned the sides exceptionally well, so so pleased. And it will be ordered up I hope this week, still trying to convince myself I don't need another wax! :lol:

It was diluted 25:1 as per instructions and sprayed on via pump sprayer, left to dwell around 3 minutes as it was still rather sunny.

James was also kind enough to send me a tyre gloss sample and it totally slipped my mind when Callum was doing the tyres! Doh! Sorry James. :(

The tyres will be stripped back to try the tyre gloss next week. :)

Rest of the car washed with 2bm and as always BTBM, nothing else for it imo.

So onto the detail...

Products, some have been used 3 or 4 times, the BF polish and Raceglaze dressing are new.

Some damage from the dealerships after it's mot...

My Dad is the service manager and they were told not to wash it, sadly they have an old valeter guy who does the cleaning, you can imagine the rest but i'll show you anyway...

Was trialling BF's GEP as a slight filler polish on the right pad, in this case I just used a 3m blue to see how it would come out, you can see some better shots of the damage aswell...

So imo quite filler heavy i'll try it on a 3m yellow at some stage and see how it goes. :) So far it seems a very good product. I hear it works just aswell by hand.

My large detail that will be done at some point this month i'll be using a Raceglaze enhancement product, looking forwad to testing that.

The rest of the car was done via EZ creme glaze, I find this product simply superb, I have to be honest. It one of the best pound for pound products i've used.

A few pics after the same was done with EZ...

I have to laugh at this picture, my daughter has made an art out of drawing animals on my rear quarter glass. I always laugh but really it's not funny! :lol:

The glass was cleaned inside and out of course.

After some nice glazing work using the rotary at slow speeds we were left with a decent finish...

"Details" done by Callum, thanks again mate.

Tyres with trusty megs endurance, I need to get round to using the couple of tyre dressing samples I have, keep reacking for the megs! Says a lot for it as a product imo.

Glass cleaned with Werkstat Prime strong, another fantastic product I aquired recently, I now wonder how I lived without it!

I also use it on all lights, chrome, exhausts, very versatile. Durability and sheeting is simply fantastic. (video further down) As I said so so versatile.

Exhaust cleansed and sealed with Autosol and Prime Strong.

All rubbers were treated to C4 a weeks back have a look in my next thread to see the details of that. :)

The Raceglaze rubber dressing will be used on my next detail, I didn't bother topping the C4 with it, C4 on it's on is a mind blowing product and any future car I own will have the C4 treatement.

Another little change to the car that I was going to put in my next write up but i'll pop it in this one anyway...

A week ago a Puma owner put up a thread offering a gearknob refurb service, bit of polishing for £5 posted back aswell and also he would paint the numbers however you wished, bargain I thought so off my spare one went and came back a few days later, impressed was an understatement...

Before...

Image Image

After... :)

Image Image

Not perefection polishing wise but for £5! I for one was very happy.

On to a Z6 wipedown... again another product that impresses everytime I use it. Simply the best QD on the market bar none, imo of course.

Time for the Pièce de résistance!

Now some might be aware that i'm a wax fan, first and foremost it's the most enjoyable part of detailing for me, dependent on the wax of course.

I am in no way knocking sealants, my car prior to this detail was wearing Z2 and impresses so much with the Z6/Z8 combo and even wearing celeste on top as a trial it never faultered, but alas i'm still a wax man at heart.

Imo sealants could never replace the experience of applying a nice wax and I stick by that statement for the simple reason is detailing is a hobby to me, it's an enjoyable experience so I choose products that are nice to use, Glasur, Celeste, Z6/Z8 all fantastic products to use and they feel special to use.

Whilst the old saying "it's all in the prep" is very true, and some may argue there is no difference in looks between £20 waxes and £120 waxes, to me it's about the experience, the drama if you will of opening a pot of Glasur or Bos at the end of a long day/weekend of detailing and applying a layer or 2.

That will always be my argument for boutique waxes, they give you something that a cheap wax can't, an experience. All imo of course... :lol:

Sorry for drivelling on there, it's common when I do a write up! :D

So tonights choice was the lovely Celeste Dettaglio...

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/Celeste_dettaglio_p/celeste.htm

I've used this probably 3 or 4 times now and i'm so so glad I went for it, it sits perfect alongside the soft and buttery Glasur in my detailing box.

It really does sheet and bead so much better than I ever thought it would looking at videos and pictures prior to buying it. I'm not going to compare Glasur and the Celeste imo they are too different types of waxes and depending my mood would determine which one I choose.

I'd say I would say the Galsur feels more special to apply with it being a softer wax compared with the harder nature of celeste.

Applied with a CG UFO applicator dampened with Z6 to get the wax as thin as possible

Curing for around 20 minutes...

The sun was heading down quite quickly...

Celeste came off with minimal effort using a plush MF as it always does even on a cool evening. It left a stunning finish, Imperial Blue is such a rewarding colour to detail, in this case I feel my camera work/location/light let the finish down slightly once uploaded I realised this.

On my next detail (heavy detail) i'll make sure the pics do the car justice. :)

Quite a few afters (as always :p) I was messing around with the camera quite a bit and but as mentioned the light was fading. :(

Enjoy, please comments and criticism are always welcome. :D

An arch gap that would make a farmer laugh... :(

One of my favourites...

Sun well and truly set...

Just a little addition to the thread some beading shots and a video (was hastily shot at work and never came out right)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpZSkGSJ ... r_embedded

Not too bad for only a few hours work, shows what can be achieved.

I mentioned in an earlier thread today, one of Baker's actually regarding peoples (enthusiats) expectations when they detail and how much time plays a part in detailing.

This details serves as a good example that you don't have to spend 3 days with 9 different polishes to achieve a finish that you'll be happy with.

Enthusiats sometimes forget that pros are correcting different cars everyday or even spending days on the one car, sometimes we simply don't have that luxury on our own cars or even friend's cars.

I hope that simple enhancements, even filler heavy ones, or quick Srp type details will not lose their appeal.

My 2pence anyway! :D

Thanks for staying this long guys and gals, hopefully you enjoy my future threads. However long they may be!

Blue3 RPOC Regular

A man after my own heart, cant beat a good wax, although I now always clay bar first.

My car is Readers Car of the Month in Performance Ford Mag after a similar treatment.

The FRP does look great when ultra shiny.

Simon

racingpuma1982 RPOC Regular

Excellent read as always. Top work! :D

gally Newbie

Blue3 wrote:
A man after my own heart, cant beat a good wax, although I now always clay bar first.

My car is Readers Car of the Month in Performance Ford Mag after a similar treatment.

The FRP does look great when ultra shiny.

Simon

Yours looks fantastic mate!

Clay bar wise, it wasn't required, here's my last detail pre-winter. :) viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2085

gally Newbie

racingpuma1982 wrote:
Excellent read as always. Top work! :D

Thanks mate, much appreciated. :D

Return to FRP Q & A?