Board index FRP Q & A? rear abs rings

rear abs rings

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 pm
fluke Newbie

well its been a week of weeks for 292!went to change rear disks, pads and brake hoses, but found out i have a bleed nipple snapped off one caliper and the other has a busted seal! so they obviously need changeing, also the bearings are muffed. Left hand side dose not spin easily (goodness knows how i missed that :oops:) and the right sounds very suspect but when i get to changeing all that apparently ill need new abs rings (was told this by a freind and ford mechanic) but i have noooo idea were on earth i can get some! any idea's? due to the ammount of work needed on 292 and my limited budget so many people are telling me to break her for parts and make a profit. i just dont think they understand :(

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:00 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

its a standard focus part. not sure of the finis number but just ask for a rear abs tone ring for the mk1 focus with discs exc the rs only a couple of quid if that.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 pm
FRP252 User avatar
RPOC Regular

pumabuild have them, even offered to sell me the hub with the abs ring fitted already for £100 i think.

there horrible to fit, i went through 3 last time i did it, all because i wanted an extra 10mm width at the back like the press cars :D
Want a REAL Carbon Fibre Splitter for your FRP? PM me for details
Dan

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:44 pm
fluke Newbie

so the hole rear brake assembly is pretty much off the mark 1 focus? so the calipers from a mark 1 focus wud fit on the rear, just withought the handbrake attachment?

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 pm
Bentleya User avatar
RPOC Regular

The Rear hubs are a Focus part but have been machined down to take a different ABS tone wheel.
FRP: 190.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:56 pm
fluke Newbie

is there a manual, or something close to for the frp?

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:49 pm
fluke Newbie

so the rear calliper off a mark 1 focus wud fit the frp?

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:36 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

fluke wrote:
so the rear calliper off a mark 1 focus wud fit the frp?

yes, a word of caution tho.... i managed to source to brand new calipers off ebay... was never happy that the pedal felt right afterwards.... fitted my original calipers back on and the pedal was noticably better again.. :shock:

I STRONGLY recommend you get the original caliper restored.... the bleed screw can be drilled out and the thread be re-tappped... a bit of faf, but well worth it..trust me.. 8)

Alan at P/Build could easily do that for you with his equipment he has on site... :D

with regards to the tone ring...

The Focus hub is machined so that a STANDARD PUMA TONE WASHER can be fitted.... it is not a focus part ... they are around £24 each now with the VAT increase ...

Finis 7314843

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6509/031zd.jpg

I had a nylon block made for mine which fits the ring exactly... then the ring can be pressed down without damaging the coating... 8)

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/4521/029x.jpg

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1821/030us.jpg

Regards

Chris

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 pm
fluke Newbie

sounds kinda complicated now if im honest but i think ive got the idea of it all! reli need to find a manual or something for the frp an idiots guide wud be best me thinks! i wana know it all as i intend to keep 292 till the day i die/can no longer drive her! :P

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:15 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

El dude wrote:
The Focus hub is machined so that a STANDARD PUMA TONE WASHER can be fitted.... it is not a focus part ... they are around £24 each now with the VAT increase ...

Chris

See here... viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1734
:D

Return to FRP Q & A?