Board index FRP Q & A? Brake Vent Grilles

Brake Vent Grilles

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 am
FRP 160 Newbie

To be honest guys I have just managed to find them now and they are only £47 for the pair plus P&P. If someone really wants something to bridge the gap, let me know, but we are struggling to make exact replicas this end, so for the purists, I would certainly advise taking a look at pumabuild.

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:52 am
gally Newbie

They will when they are black!

Silver mesh should be nowhere near an FRP. :shock:

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:08 pm
FRP 160 Newbie

BurfyBoy wrote:
FRP 160 wrote:

Those look really smart! 8)

Well these he can make, I personally am gonna stick a set of these on whilst I am tidying the rest of the car up but have ordered a set of the originals for when I get it up to show standard. They are better than the big gapped ones but still not that similar to the genuine article.

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:23 pm
Alex_gregory_uk RPOC Regular

They appear to be £23.50 each from pumabuild. They are good copies that have been produced and shouldn't rust which is a bonus. If they are made for under £20 thats a bargain I think.
Ex FRP #358 owner

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:28 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

FRP 160 wrote:
Well these he can make, I personally am gonna stick a set of these on whilst I am tidying the rest of the car up but have ordered a set of the originals for when I get it up to show standard. They are better than the big gapped ones but still not that similar to the genuine article.

I'll defiantly have a set, but given mines in storage I might just see how others get on (not to be cheeky). 8)

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:41 pm
frp_024 User avatar

daz x wrote:
Exact replicas of these are available from Pumabuild,ready painted.Don't know the prices though.

Ive tried getting them from pumabuild, they sold out of them ages ago but never took them off the website. Replicas look great though, put my name down for a set, maybe two if it helps get the numbers up and your mate can make them. My fav are the small mesh ones where the mesh is horizontal (the top pic)
Cheers mate
FRP-024
My Wee Project Thread - Clicky

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:43 pm
daz x Newbie

Yeah I know Pumabuild have had them on their website for a while without having the stock available but they have recently got on the case & had a few replica sets made up & are now available to buy at £47.00 a set.

Post Mon May 30, 2011 3:40 am
xiaochun3612 Newbie

Good news is my mate now has the brake vent and I am seeing him tomorrow night to see the final result. I will take pictures and post them on the forum and start taking orders if they come out ok. My vent is mega rusty, are they black usually? I will get him to do a prototype in black if they are instead of silver and see how they look.

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:56 pm
FRP426 Newbie

Subject: Brake Vent Grille
Hi there, I'm in for a pair please. Have you looked at this company for the raw material? Here is the link:
http://www.fhbrundle.com
Please let me know, Tel 0127631280
Cheers, John
FRP426

Post Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 am
danielo Newbie

Those grills look great, I really like the expanded metal used.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:58 pm
FRP426 Newbie

FRP 160 wrote:
My mate can do it. Basically it would be (to the naked eye anyway) a complete copy. He wont use mesh to do it, he uses the same thickness aluminium and scans the original into the machine and the metal will be punched away to give it that mesh effect, but the holes etc will be identical. He could roll them as well so that they are the same curvature as the originals, but it would be easier to post them flat obviously. What would people prefer? And the cost is not going to be any more than £20 for a pair. Let me know what you think and I will take the one remaining one off of my car and we will knock up a prototype this week to 100% check it works etc.

I'm in for a pair please.
BTW did you check out my supplier suggestion for raw materials posted in this topic?
I would prefer curved/bent as I do not think they would come to much harm in post.
let me know how you want paying.
Cheers John Arundell, FRP426 and 476

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:19 am
nick41 Newbie

I too would be after a pair if possible?

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:20 am
coopersmotors Newbie

Have a look at ebay products like :- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221079629121? ... 1439.l2649 This & similar suppliers do a whole range of pre-finished meshes. I have opted to try 10 x 6mm size & see how it looks. At £13.00 for a 1000 x 250mm sheet, it's cheap as chips & if I don't like the look of it i'll just buy a different size !!

Previous

Return to FRP Q & A?