Switch to full style
Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...
Post a reply

Jammed Boot lid

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Anyone previously had the boot jam on their FRP?

Shut mine the other week and now cant get it to open with the key lock or using the fob, Dash light is on indicating it hasn't shut but trust me it isnt moving :evil:

Pretty certain nothing was blocking the locking mechanism.

Going to attempt to remove the plastic panel tomorrow and see if i can gain access to the latch, any other suggestions etc

David

Re: Jammed Boot lid

Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Their is a magnetic lock in the boot check if their is still a live feed to the magnetic lock cheers.

Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 pm

i had the same thing on my normal puma. there is very little access behind the plastic panel. lots of sweating and swearing later i gave the bootlid a good hard smack and it popped open.

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 pm

I only just fixed my boot which wouldnt open on my frp, all i did was remove the carpet trim on the drivers side inside the boot (After climbing over the back seats) behind that you can see the boot release cable which comes from the lock barrel to the boot catch and all you do is pull it one way and the boot will open, then all i did was remove remaining carpet and plastic trims in rear of boot, checked all connections, moved the boot pop solenoid with my fingers, unplugged it and plugged it back in and it works again! On the key and the button in the rear lamp! Just old dodgy connection i reckon!

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm

Thanks everyone,

Cheers carrboy i'll give that go tomorrow evening :D

David

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Also try pushing down on the boot when trying to open, sometimes help free things up :)
Post a reply