Board index FRP Q & A? Jammed Boot lid

Jammed Boot lid

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:17 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Anyone previously had the boot jam on their FRP?

Shut mine the other week and now cant get it to open with the key lock or using the fob, Dash light is on indicating it hasn't shut but trust me it isnt moving :evil:

Pretty certain nothing was blocking the locking mechanism.

Going to attempt to remove the plastic panel tomorrow and see if i can gain access to the latch, any other suggestions etc

David
FRP314

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:20 pm
Hot Wheels RPOC Regular

Their is a magnetic lock in the boot check if their is still a live feed to the magnetic lock cheers.
I Dream im on Vacation as I like the way that Sounds Its the Perfect Conversation for Me.

Puma Winner Top Gear Competition for best reflective paint finish and shine.
2009 detailing award santa pod.
2009 FRP prize winner castle combe

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 pm
crispy1980 Newbie

i had the same thing on my normal puma. there is very little access behind the plastic panel. lots of sweating and swearing later i gave the bootlid a good hard smack and it popped open.

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 pm
carrboy Newbie

I only just fixed my boot which wouldnt open on my frp, all i did was remove the carpet trim on the drivers side inside the boot (After climbing over the back seats) behind that you can see the boot release cable which comes from the lock barrel to the boot catch and all you do is pull it one way and the boot will open, then all i did was remove remaining carpet and plastic trims in rear of boot, checked all connections, moved the boot pop solenoid with my fingers, unplugged it and plugged it back in and it works again! On the key and the button in the rear lamp! Just old dodgy connection i reckon!

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Thanks everyone,

Cheers carrboy i'll give that go tomorrow evening :D

David
FRP314

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Also try pushing down on the boot when trying to open, sometimes help free things up :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Return to FRP Q & A?