Board index FRP Q & A? kent'ish panel beaters

kent'ish panel beaters

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:26 am
fluke Newbie

today disaster struck when some one at work reversed into 292! minimal damage but still damage is damage! any recomendations? as ive never had to get body work repairs done befor!

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:45 pm
daz x Newbie

How bad is the damage? Where about's are you based?

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:41 am
fluke Newbie

in maidstone kent, insurance company is sending me to hucks, but im hopeing she will pay up for the damage other wise if it goes through insurance i have to pay the excess (and she looses her whole 1 year no claims, out of 6 years of driveing wooopty doooo) so if she pays up cash i can go else were! the head lights been pushed back bout a cm bumper pushed dwn a lil bit and scuffed wid very minor cracks and the wing has been buckled :(

Post Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:25 pm
p4ilip Newbie

Its quite a tricky situation, Im not an insurance expert but If the insurance company have to come out Id think they could write it off for that damage as you cant buy the parts from anywhere and they would not want to use second hand parts unless they are prepared to let you shop around for them.
If its not badly damaged you may just be able to get the parts of ebay for it. I have a nsf wing, the bumper would probably repair if its just cracked and the headlamp should be quite easy to find.

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:58 pm
fluke Newbie

insurers quote came to £1594.12! so now the lass hu hit me has to decide if she is paying out of pocket or going through insurance! she offerd me a sexual favour for discount, shame for her that she's an utter dog lol

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:02 pm
deejay Newbie

Thanks for making me laugh :D at least you've still got your sense of humour even after the prang.
David
FRP 342

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 pm
fluke Newbie

sumtimes u need to laugh or you will just cry! she is going through the insurance! so she dodges paying and i dodgne her trying to seduce me! :lol:

Return to FRP Q & A?