Board index FRP Q & A? mintex or brembo?

mintex or brembo?

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:25 pm
fluke Newbie

got mintex rear disks, but i have mintex and brembo pads to go on, any suggestions wich would be better?

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

on the rears doubt it would make any difference either way... you'll only 'feel' the fronts....

when the rears are restored from crap to good (lol) there is usually a noticable difference in stopping distance tho... :mrgreen:

Chris

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:40 pm
fluke Newbie

gona be seein a certain some one soon about a front calliper rebuild soon (as soon as i can get some time off and cash cwan arrange it ect) altho got a nasty feeling its gona be bad as recent judders while brakeing and alot of squealing! but the rear brakes right now are just well they might aswell not be there!

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:49 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

lol.. The rears do get surprisingly seized up over time if left too long...

was working on #14 today and the rears needed a lot of work.... as well as the calipers getting pretty glued up, the carrier sliders on both sides were also seized... with a bit of perceverence, brake cleaner, air gun and grease i managed to give them another year or two of life... :mrgreen: as soon as the boots get damaged their days are numbered.. :idea:
:lol:

Chris

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:55 pm
fluke Newbie

problem is ive had a million different project going on, but i thought F, it ditchd most of them, the frp is number one on the list now number one out of 2

Post Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 am
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

El dude wrote:
lol.. The rears do get surprisingly seized up over time if left too long...

was working on #14 today and the rears needed a lot of work.... as well as the calipers getting pretty glued up, the carrier sliders on both sides were also seized... with a bit of perceverence, brake cleaner, air gun and grease i managed to give them another year or two of life... :mrgreen: as soon as the boots get damaged their days are numbered.. :idea:
:lol:

Chris

Another job for you next year then mate :lol:

Return to FRP Q & A?