Board index FRP Q & A? Airbag light is staying on - is this an easy fix?

Airbag light is staying on - is this an easy fix?

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

pandy Newbie

My airbag light is staying on. Is this an easy fix. I'm guessing this would be an automatic MoT fail too.
Am i right in thinking that it's probably the Airbag Control Module gone awry? How much are these new or is it
worth sourcing a cheap secondhand one off ebay? Also where is the module located and is it a diy fit?
Information much appreciated!

bonnietiler RPOC Regular

Clock spring Mayhap?
I have a brand new one.....he said with a wry grin..
bonnietiler

Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Not a MOT failure, as far as I'm aware.

It was the clock spring behind the steering wheel when mine came on.

Be VERY careful working on the airbag system, or you might find a very large round white thing in your face unexpectedly.
Even with the battery off, you have to wait a while for them to be safe to unplug etc.

I let Ford plug there machine into mine to find the fault and fix.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Your better to get ford to plug their ids machine in to find out why it's on 1st otherwise you may end up replacing parts for no reason, it may just be a fault crash sensor. If you do decide to try yourself, you need to leave 20mins for the airbad to deactivate and be very careful as graham said you may end up with a bit of a shock :lol:
Claire

xrsi Newbie

where are you located?

it is sometimes as simple as just plugging a snap on scanner into the car and clearing the fault code... if that doesnt work then atleast it would give a rough idea of the fault.

If your not too far from oswestry or welshpool then i could plug the car in for you.
Currently restoring No 0336 to its former glory!

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

check the wiring connectors to the seat belt pretensioners...you may have just crushed the wiring or has become disconnected...

easy to check before spending..££

Graham #281 User avatar

It's definitely not an MOT failure. Mine got through with the ABS light on.

Something I really must get fixed it's been on ages now.

Return to FRP Q & A?