Board index FRP Q & A? jml bobble off

jml bobble off

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:46 pm
fluke Newbie

my seats are geting a bit bobbly and just wanted to know if any one has tryed useing one of those little bobble off machines or a razor to remove bobbles?
if so, how did it go?

Post Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:37 pm
Graham #281 User avatar

I've heard shaving the Alcantara work's quite well. There's loads to vairious other car forums about it. I'm going to give that a go soon.

Recoloured the red 'Racing' on the seat backs today using Uni Posca marker pen bought especially for the task. Worked really well but a bit tricky with a medium tip. Would probably get a fine or extra fine for the edges if i have to do it again.

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:28 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Alreet there,

My seats were bobbled to hell when I forst bought #014 last June - I used a lindt shaver, good 2-3 hours going over and they came up awesome :)

I think there's pics somewhere in my thread. I also used some vanish to dab the seats after id shaved them to bring any dirt off them :)

Worked a treat!!

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:39 pm
L8FRP User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

i got one off ebay for a few pence and it works a treat! does take time, but it works!

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:48 am
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

think I paid .99p for my with a couple of quid delivery...

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:38 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

I agree with Zara on cleaning, I used vanish oxyaction carpet cleaner on the steeringwheel and seat it came up great, but be careful to only dab it not rub it as you will end up with more bobbles.

Simon 0027

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:01 pm
fluke Newbie

on of my mates used daisy all perpous cleaner on my weel ( i think) he is a car detailer and he swears by the stuff! but wen im next cleaning 292 the bobble off is cumin out for a go on the seats! :-D cheers guys

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 pm
zara014 User avatar
RPOC Regular

hey those cheap cleaners are bloody awesome!

I went from this:

to this with asda's own products on my old Puma:

:D

Return to FRP Q & A?