Board index FRP Q & A? Injectors?

Injectors?

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 am
bonnietiler RPOC Regular

I wonder is there a service life of injectors? Or does the performance just slowly worsen over the time and you barely notice it.
I mean they can't work indefinately...can they?
Currently listening to Porcupine Tree, Touchstone and Oceansize...
Hey, you think that's bad it could have been Van der Graaf Generator, Gnidrolog and Gentle Giant!
Cheers
Bonnietiler

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:56 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Run a bottle of "Injector Cleaner" through occasionally.
I used to own a Mk3 XR3i (Real Boy racer car) and it lost some of the OOmpf it used to have.
When I get my paper on the way home from work, to a traffic island in the "Private" road :wink: If what I'm driving is on song, I will be doing 100mph.
My little test track.

The XR3i was down on the 90mph range, a tank of fuel with injector cleaner and it was back to over a ton, only ever bettered by the FRP :D

The FRP is just finishing off a treated tank at the moment.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:47 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I think we sent our XR2i Injecors off to Owen Developments for testing and cleaning when we rebuilt the engine if you want to go that far. I think it was about £150 (but that is from memory from about 2 years ago!)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:45 pm
Smudge User avatar
RPOC Regular

I work as an engineer testing fuel systems. Injectors are tricky things when it comes to life expectancy. We test them to destruction so they should be good for the desired life expectancy of the car. But saying that, they will not be 100% efficient towards the end. Around the 100k mark you should look to refurb or replace.

Matt :D
Matt
FRP #435

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 pm
crispy1980 Newbie

i was uneder the impression that the puma engine is not suitable for the engine treatments available as there is a chance it can damage the liners?

Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:31 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

mm, not so... the handbook states treatments are not necessary... i doubt they would have any negative effect of the bore coating...

there's always a lot of nonsense and speculation flying around regarding the bore coatings.... i wouldn't loose sleep over that one personally... :lol:

:mrgreen:

Chris

Return to FRP Q & A?