Board index FRP Q & A? help if possible!

help if possible!

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:29 pm
crispy1980 Newbie

now, i understand that this is a long shot and not sure if anyone can help ! my mate has frp 481, from day one he has been more than happy with the handling. in june he had a lower strut brace fitted that seemed to give a marked improvement. however, a couple of weeks later he parked the car up and went to turkey for two weeks. from the day he got back he has complained about a sudden vagueness in the handling. he says it just doesnt feel right anymore and has lost the confidence in it.
i just dont know what could have gone wrong in the space of two weeks whilst the car was just sitting there? it was a particually hot couple of weeks but any ideas what might have happened?

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:42 am
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Tyre pressures OK? 30psi all round I think is recommended.
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:43 pm
crispy1980 Newbie

yes they are fine. i did wonder if the tyres have gone off a bit? would the weather have caused any issue with them, particually as the car was stood? as ive said it seems very odd that something could happen while the car has just sat there?

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:09 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

The cold weather is having a serious effect on even the Rover 100 I'm teaching the daughter to drive in.
That's spinning it's wheels everywhere as the rubber is just so hard at the moment.

Don't suppose you have Yoko Parada tyres fitted :wink:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:13 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

Had a similar proplem in a williams clio, that was a torn gearbox mount that was allowing the engine/box to move on lift off, have you checked all the bushes/mounts.

Simon

Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 pm
crispy1980 Newbie

dogsbody - been happening since july, he has toyos on the front and falkens on the rear. havent checked any bushes yet but i though that would give a gradual decline rather than a sudden loss of feeling

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:47 pm
racingpuma1982 RPOC Regular

Sounds like the bushes. If it was parked with the wheels turned with pressure on the bushes this could have finished bushes within the wishbone off if they were on the way out anyway.

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:25 pm
Blue3 RPOC Regular

In my instance it was a bush that literally the rubber tore and could move around under load by up to 5 mm

Simon

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:04 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

it's a bit too vaque to suggest over the internet what it might be i think... :idea:

:P

Chris

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:29 pm
crispy1980 Newbie

i think hes gonna get the powerflex kit anyway so will see if this sorts it out. quick one, where can i get the correct sized ball joints for the frp? cheers, chris

Return to FRP Q & A?