Board index FRP Q & A? Sparco front seats

Sparco front seats

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:09 am
bonnietiler RPOC Regular

Now, both my front seats have tears in the bolster near to the door..nearside and drivers side. I've bought a pair of front seats (used) but undamaged..a little dirty to be honest...As is the way the passenger seat cushion is in better nick than the drivers, so I'm thinking of swapping the cushion on the ripped passenger into the new/old drivers side...Seems to have some metal clips holding it to a front rod, any cunning ideas before I make a B*lls of it?
Also I have a spare rear seat back< I'm thinking of using the alcantara to have steering wheel refurbed, do you reckon ther will be enough?
unless of course anybody has some Alcantara they want to swap for a brand new rear back cushion that is?
Probably been done to death...but any tips on cleaning the seats around the head restraint area ?
Many thanks
Bonnietiler

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:24 am
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Re. seatbases, just remove the metal clips and use small cable ties when refitting.

I assume your taking the seats out, so to clean the headrest area lay them on their backs and dab the area with some warm water with a spot of fairy in, then absorb the liquid using some paper towel. :wink: Might also be a good opportunity to re-touch the 'Racing' lettering too - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1322

Pass on the steering wheel

Post Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:52 am
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

i'm pretty sure you'll need a new piece of material to re-trim a wheel...

the material is fitted directionally as it stretches one way but not the other.... hard to explain in 'txt'..

I'm sure Pumabuild do have some left..?? you'd need around 1/3 of a metre i guess...

:D

Return to FRP Q & A?