Board index FRP Q & A? STALLING

STALLING

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm
fluke Newbie

my father is for ever moveing my car so he can get his out or juggle cars and vans around the drive way. our drive is on a slope and he manages to stall it pretty much every time! Once it is stalled he can never start it again and i have to get out of bed or come home from were ever i am because he wont touch it once he thinks he has broken it, turn the key pump the throttle n after a few seconds she bursts into life but is a lil lumpy at first going right down to were the idle nearly stalls but then recovers!

Any ideas?

thanks Oli

Post Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:17 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

If it stalls after starting, I have to put my foot flat on the floor for it to start again.
Or it will just turn over and over .......
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Xrion Newbie

FRPs hate warm starting they prefer to do a run then be left for atleast 1-2hours before starting up again.

Post Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:54 pm
fluke Newbie

over the past few days it has been stalling while ideling :? starting to get a little worried now, especialy as yesterday morning at bout 5am on the way to work something court my tyre wall and split it a good couple of inches wide open! that was no fun!
The conclusion, its basic God is jelous of me! :twisted:

Post Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:30 pm
Xrion Newbie

If its starting to stall while ticking over try cleaning the ICV (idle control valve) it could be dirty or damaged.

Return to FRP Q & A?