Board index FRP Q & A? Service time

Service time

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:36 pm
Kaz0012 User avatar

Hello,

Sooner or later I will be doing a service consisting of Oil, Air, Fuel... ect...
I am assuming this car will use the same parts as a regular 1.7 puma, is there anything likely to catch me out? (service parts that may be different on the RP or stupid tools needed to do the simplest things.

I've always stuck with NKG plugs in the past, if anyone is using them could they please give me the NKG number as I can probably get them cheaper this way.
If anyone would like to recommend anything better, please feel free :)

Cheers,

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Hiya,

Yep all standard bits with regard to servicing. 8)

I use Ford parts on the whole but use Castrol Magnatec 5w30 oil, along with some NGK Platnum plugs, however don't have the part numbers im afraid :roll:

For a good price (well compared to over the counter) service kit (less oil) see here: http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/puma_17 ... it_709.htm

Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:35 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

Special tool needed for the cam belt change, cam profile is different to stand Puma.
Uses Focus wheel bearings.
One of the bushes is from the Ford parts bin not Puma
Handbrake is obviously not Puma either. These can be found to have seized at MOT time.
Have a rumage through the parts lists (posted on this site) you will get a feel then for the differing parts, though except for the cam tool the rest are not service items so to speak :)
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:16 pm
Kaz0012 User avatar

Thanks for feedback.

Dan

Return to FRP Q & A?