Board index FRP Q & A? Praise for SMC Ford in Slough

Praise for SMC Ford in Slough

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:12 pm
FRP 160 Newbie

For all of you who are in the South East/London area, I can thoroughly recommend taking a visit to SMC Ford in Slough when you have things to get done on your Ford, whether it’s your FRP or otherwise. We are all too quick to have a moan about Ford Garages, so thought I would chuck out a bit of praise.

I purchased my FRP less than a month ago and wanted someone to go over it with a fine tooth comb and note any little bits that need sorting and then to do them, just to get it up to scratch, give it a service, that kinda thing. The level of service I received and the price I paid to have all the bits sorted really was second to none; I had phone updates throughout the day, honest and open discussions on the best way to combat the various issues and I am still going to be able to eat this month!!

Considering the time they spent on it throughout the day, there is no local mechanic who could compete on the price. This will probably surprise many of you who have many complaints about your average Ford Dealership and the way they sting you on price and have on occasion not even done the job/solved the problem you were paying them to do. I can honestly say SMC Slough looked after my car as if it were their own!! They gave it a good clean as well!

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:49 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Sounds good...what did they actually do..?

:D

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:26 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Welcome 8) Its good to hear praise for Ford, mine has always been looked after by a Ford Main dealer for the last 7 years, and its been bang on :)
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:50 pm
FRP 160 Newbie

El dude wrote:
Sounds good...what did they actually do..?

:D

Quite a bit. I had booked it in for a service. I had gone over it fairly well before purchasing it, but I am no mechanic, so wanted a second opinion. They gave it a service with all the usual changes, went over it pretty carefully looking for any little problems as per my instructions and I also asked them to have a look at the brakes because there was something rubbing on full lock left (I understand that brakes are you area of expertise, or so I was told at Duxford?!). I needed new locking wheel nuts as mine had corroded so badly it took them ages to get the wheel off, new left indicator switch (flash was intermittently working), new cv gaitor (n/s one had split slightly), had brakes stripped down, cleaned up and discs skimmed, along with the service £240.46 including VAT :-) It needs new brake fluid, but gonna do that myself as they wanted £50 for that, only bit that seemed a bit steep and can do at home, but guess they gotta make their money somewhere...

Overall I was very happy and despite a little bit of rust on the front arch which they noted, it is pretty much rust free underneath, which is always good to know!!

Return to FRP Q & A?