Board index FRP Q & A? Cam Belt change advice

Cam Belt change advice

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:55 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

V4FRP wrote:
Now V5 has a new cambelt I wonder if you've yet bounced off the rev limiter yet and where V5's limit is.

havent bounced off it yet, certainly got close last night as noticed it was marginally over 7 a couple of times
:oops:

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:54 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Makes V4 even more confusing with his 6800 limit :roll: :roll:

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:08 pm
clark 5 Newbie

Thanks for the tips guys, however I can't comment on OC Motorsport's workmanship as unfortunately he did not even turn up!
Arranged to be at his place just before 8am and he was then going to take me to the nearest station (great I thought), however after travelling about 40 miles then waiting around outside his premises for 45 mins, calling texting and leaving messages there was no answer, unreal! So had to take the car home and missed a morning of work and the car got filthy and no cam belt change, I was pretty p*ssed. :evil:
Finally got through to him at about 9.30am apparently he was having some phone trouble?! So if you are short of time and don’t fancy being messed about, I'm not convinced OC Motorsport is for you.

In the end got the Cam Belt done, aux belts, full service and the water pump (ouch) done a John Grose Ford Dealership in Ipswich, they have the correct cam timing tool and another FRP goes there (guessing not from the owners club). They were willing for me to either have the chap that services the local FRP or the Senior Technician after I explained to them what a fussy b4stard I am!! I used to use this dealership when I owned a Puma Black back in the day and they are pretty good but expensive. The mechanic gave me the old belt afterwards and despite this being the first change there was no sign of it beginning to perish, but of course better to be safe than sorry :wink:

Anyhow after much palaver the job is now done and I gave the car a blast beyond 6300 revs for the first time and almost had to change my pants with excitement!
FRP#SKY

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:17 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

The belt is only half the story. The cam belt tensioner is just as likely to fail first and cause just as much pocket hurt, hence must always fit the full kit :)
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:57 pm
clark 5 Newbie

Tensioner looks just as good but nonetheless its all been changed. 8)

Previous

Return to FRP Q & A?