Board index FRP Q & A? FRP parts availability

FRP parts availability

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:37 pm
matt478 Newbie

Hiya people.

im after the following parts for 478 are these stil available and can any suggest suppliers?
i have been in contact with the likes of pumaspeed and pumabuild and firstpartssolutions so far

Alloy wheel centre caps
Wishbones
wishbone bushes
Front discs and pads

rear discs and pads, 270mm? (are these the same as the ST170 setup?)

any help much apprecieated.

Matt

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:41 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

Hi matt have a look in the tech section, everything you need is in there: viewforum.php?f=57

Wishbones have been unavailable for some time now, but the info is in the tech section to have some standard parts modified.

By centre caps do you mean the entire part or just the 'Ford' / 'Ford Racing' inserts?

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:44 pm
matt478 Newbie

ahh i didnt realise they were inserts, so yes im guessing that is all i need every wheel has a cap but with faded ford racing on them.

Brakes wil lbe the main concern, ive read threads on piston skimming and disc skimming, porsche pads etc.

what are your opinions?

what set up do you have?

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:51 pm
BurfyBoy User avatar
RPOC Petrol Head!

I use Alcon discs and Textar pads at present, which I love. The pads are Porsche OE fitment and work really well, but are fairly dusty. Hopefully Chris will stop in shortly as he is the brake expert around here and he will prob be able to suggest your options.

My mate made some gel resin centre caps up in his spare time that wont rot/fade, these are what I fitted to mine recently. I can see if he has any left if you like?

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:58 pm
matt478 Newbie

Chris (El Dude)?? read a few threads on brakes and unsure which set up would be easiest to get parts for.

link for pads? i think my disks need skimming, moderate brake judder. I have PM'd El Dude waiting for a reply.

Ford Racing caps look well. You selling a set on Ebay currently?

Whats a Genuine FRP back box worth? A hardly used example?

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:52 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

have replied... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I can refurb your current wishbones if you like.. :) Iv'e got a set in at the powdercoaters at the moment....look very tasty with new bushes, balljoints and bolts etc.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i have answered your query re: brake bits.... could you do a piccy of the discs and emial it..?

8) 8)

Regards

Post Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:28 pm
matt478 Newbie

cheers Chris. i will get back to you asap, i cannot view the thread as im not a member yet, the paypal link isnt working so i will have to do it by cheque.

i will get pictures of the brakes for you when i have it on a ramp next.

Matt

Return to FRP Q & A?