Board index FRP Q & A? FRP coilover adapters for sale

FRP coilover adapters for sale

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:15 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

hello all, my engineer friend has made up a piece of tooling so that he can make FRP coilover adapters, these are steel collars that fit inside the FRP's knuckles that allow you to use standard puma shocks e.g. coilovers such as AVO's etc, the collars are a perfect snug fit and include a machined lip so they sit on the knuckle and dont fall through, no modification is neccesary to allow the FRP to use standard puma coilovers, as you all know the new dampers from ford or the uprated RPJ dampers are very expensive so if your tired old shocks are nering the end of there life then you can have a much wider, and cheaper choice when it comes to replacing them, for a set of collars made, packaged and posted to you address i am charging £60, if you are interested let me know, i can accept paypal or cheque

many thanks for reading

sam

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:15 am
mitec Newbie

Hi,mark me down for a set pls advise payment details cheers

Post Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:23 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I think the RPJs' / Standard FRP suspension is pretty cheap for what you get, and it has trick valving inside, but I guess if you want to go lower, then coilovers are the way to go.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:32 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

the RPJ dampers are £800ish iirc without springs, not sure how good a deal that is, plus they are just stiffer versions of the standard dampers, aimed more at track day cars, the advantage of shocks like avo's is that they can be rebuilt every few years where as the standard or rpj dampers are not, this plus the fact the avo's are damper and height adjustable means that you can have a much more adaptable suspension set up that is still chaper than a set of standard or rpj dampers, or even more so if you go for cheaper coilovers

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:23 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I'm not sure where you are shopping but I can get a set of FRP dampers and springs for approx £600....RPJ's approx £500

Fair enough they are not height adjustable, but unless you are going for every hundreth around a race circuit then I don't think you would notice the difference (plus you also need to know what you are doing when adjusting them), unless of course you want to lower the car for looks.
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:04 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

ah ok, well i guess thats better price but again there not rebuildable, thanks for the input lisa

sam

Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:39 am
d170sam RPOC Regular

lisafrp wrote:
I'm not sure where you are shopping but I can get a set of FRP dampers and springs for approx £600....RPJ's approx £500

Fair enough they are not height adjustable, but unless you are going for every hundreth around a race circuit then I don't think you would notice the difference (plus you also need to know what you are doing when adjusting them), unless of course you want to lower the car for looks.

rpj dampers £600 now from pumabuild! the great benefit of coilovers over standard shocks is that the car can be corner weighted, i.e. each cornner is adjusted to balance out the weight of the car and improve the handeling greatly, for both road and track which equals a lot more than just hundreth of seconds, it gives you a better handling car and better tyre wear too, plus the car doesn't have to be lowered on coiovers, its just one option as to what you can do with them, have you seen the pics of the FRP on speedlines with my adapters and coillovers fitted......awesome!

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:44 pm
larsen Newbie

d170sam wrote:
lisafrp wrote:

rpj dampers £600 now from pumabuild! the great benefit of coilovers over standard shocks is that the car can be corner weighted, i.e. each cornner is adjusted to balance out the weight of the car and improve the handeling greatly, for both road and track which equals a lot more than just hundreth of seconds, it gives you a better handling car and better tyre wear too, plus the car doesn't have to be lowered on coiovers, its just one option as to what you can do with them, have you seen the pics of the FRP on speedlines with my adapters and coillovers fitted......awesome!

where is this pic of one sat on coilovers?

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

d170sam wrote:
lisafrp wrote:

is that mine ur on about sam?

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:48 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

yes it is fergie, the pics you had up on pp looked awesome

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:26 pm
speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

d170sam wrote:
ah ok, well i guess thats better price but again there not rebuildable, thanks for the input lisa

sam

They are. Any Eibach can be rebuilt to original specification including RPJs.
I rang and found out, cost approx £125 plus vat per damper. It's a third party company, not actually Eibach.
Onlt information for those not looking to change :)
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Post Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 pm
d170sam RPOC Regular

speedline wrote:
d170sam wrote:

sam

They are. Any Eibach can be rebuilt to original specification including RPJs.
I rang and found out, cost approx £125 plus vat per damper. It's a third party company, not actually Eibach.
Onlt information for those not looking to change :)

ok so with vat thats not far off £600, which you would pay for new ones :|

Return to FRP Q & A?