Board index FRP Q & A? high lift camms and throttle bodies

high lift camms and throttle bodies

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:48 pm
Tom Tom Newbie

hi there,

does anybody know where i can get high lift camms and individual throttle bodies for my racing puma.

cheers Tom.

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:57 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

can get race spec cams from kent cams and try somewhere like burton power for the throttle bodies ;)

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:36 am
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Tom Tom wrote:
hi there,

does anybody know where i can get high lift camms and individual throttle bodies for my racing puma.

cheers Tom.

Tom

When and if you find out prices etc would you be able to put them on here as i would be interested in what it could cost

Many thanks

David
FRP314

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:45 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

I think Jenvey do throttle bodies for the puma engine, might need smaller trumpets though and would have to get rid of your inlet manifold :(
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:58 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Is there muched to be gained on a Puma engine from going throttle bodied?
I hae seen bike stuff used on cars..
Is this a cheaper option?
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:00 pm
Tom Tom Newbie

lisafrp wrote:
I think Jenvey do throttle bodies for the puma engine, might need smaller trumpets though and would have to get rid of your inlet manifold :(

From friends that i have seen using throttle bodies and carbs, they remove anything related to injection aswell, is this something ill have to do or is this an option?

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:40 am
Turby Newbie

Tom Tom wrote:
From friends that i have seen using throttle bodies and carbs, they remove anything related to injection aswell, is this something ill have to do or is this an option?

Throttle bodies ARE fuel injected , carbs are not. You might be getting confused over something like twin 45's carbs which look similar to throttle bodies but are not.

Post Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:07 pm
Darrin Newbie

General gains of ITB's over the standard inlet on an FRP would be about 20bhp.

You would lose smooth change in cam timing (VCT) and it will be replaced with a hard hit like Vtec if using Omex600 hardware

Putting the puma engine on aftermarket management is harder to map as you first need to find a management system which deals with VCT (if you dont want the Vtec effect) and then if you do find one you need to get the VCT mapped in = lots and lots of hours and thus money!

Return to FRP Q & A?