Board index FRP Q & A? frp lower grills in stainless; project 'head' needed

frp lower grills in stainless; project 'head' needed

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

jacko RPOC Regular

through some contacts in the trade i picked up some info on a company that makes stainless steel car grills....looks like they could easily do an exact copy of the frp lower grills....

im busy with other stuff & keeping my titanium ones so if anyone wants the contact to sort this out then pm me....would be ideal to have ones that dont rust....i know i love my titanium version (bit expensive mind!)

i can also supply an original centre grill and templates of the outers....directly to the company only tho

let me know if anyone wants to take this on....im just too busy at mo

FRP426 Newbie

Hi jacko, did anyone pick up and run with this? I'm retired and my background is in metals and engineering so could be of some use. How important is this part now (eg non sourceable from OEM?) PM me or call 0127631280 (Camberley) email johnarundell@pipsons.fsnet.co.uk
TTFN John

jacko RPOC Regular

nah, another non starter from the frpoc community.... (most wont get there hands dirty or put effort in without making instant mark up.....shame considering other 'rare' ford clubs will secure old stock, remake parts etc & sell them on the forum....)

i make my own from titanium sourced from the states....

think there still available from oem....£90 last time i checked....cost all of a tenner to make from steel....(oem are steel)

if you fancy making a few (they wont sell quickly....) then let me know, will need my spare until a new batch of titanium sheet clears customs & passes by my engineer for laser cutting, then will be free to lend it to you.....

best to get hold of me on pro jectp uma forum tho...

Return to FRP Q & A?