Board index FRP Q & A? Group Buy On Nitrous

Group Buy On Nitrous

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Tue May 19, 2009 2:27 pm
Tom Tom Newbie

I remember hearing something about people doing a group buy on a nitrous system with wizards of nos, am i right in saying this and if so has anything developed passed the point of first contact if not im willing to phone about to try and sort something in that sort of mind out, if someone could tell me what everyone is looking for etc

cheers Tom (FRP #70)

Post Tue May 19, 2009 3:24 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

Hiya Tom..

this is smothing iv'e had 'in mind' for while... but havn't moved it forward due to being busy enough with work and alcon servicing already....

The story is this so far...

Yes Trevor is prepared to offer a special PP offer.. obviously open to RPOC too for a limited time only.... he will also offer a deal on fitting too which is quite costly!...

the reason iv'e procrastinated with this is i'm also going to be offering a fitting service to this too... which will obviously be a duplicate of my own system... most of the issues of the fitment are electrical and so i'm going to suss this all out and fit out my fiesta first so that no one is in the situation of being 'ginea pig' :lol: :lol:

as it's a duplicate install...(not necessarily the same progressive controller tho)... this should be fairly simply done on a single day visit....unlike WON as they always insist on having the car for 2days minimum...fee will be similar to brake service..but 'TBC'

The kit will be a progressive system...with 11lb bottle (not 5) running 50hp jets...(after 25 has been safely tested :idea: )

I'm currently intalks again with WON on this...and will report back again soon...,

:twisted:

Chris

Post Tue May 19, 2009 3:30 pm
Tom Tom Newbie

In this case will be getting the kits through yourself or directly from WON dont know which would be easier?

Tom

Post Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 pm

that depends if i'm fitting it or not.. :mrgreen:

if your in a hurry...WON will be your best bet ...as it will be a few weeks yet before i'm ready to do anything with this idea..

:D

Regards

Post Tue May 19, 2009 5:07 pm
fergie RPOC Regular

how much do won usually charge for fitting ?

Post Tue May 19, 2009 6:22 pm

currently around £500 for a progressive system... :shock: quite a lot...

i did a bit of a cash deal when i got mine done ...didn't cost me that much....

have heard back already from WON...will announce details soon... but there is a £100 off the fitting charge already.. :wink:

Chris

Post Wed May 20, 2009 12:48 pm
jacko RPOC Regular

just out of interest; where are the nitrous 'injectors' fitted.

im guessing (hoping!) there not being drilled / machined into the manifold as per petrol injectors.....seeing as frp manifolds are now going for over £1000 on ebay its prob not a good idea to go putting holes in them!

if not then where? im guessing your using 4 injectors chris? with it being progressive / mini ecu etc etc. not just one big one aiming at the throttle body lol

personally i still dont think its a great idea stressing an engine that you cant even buy bearing shells for let alone re/line the bores. on the subject; what are peoples plans for when there engines wear out? (cant buy new ones & donor 1.7s are getting rare....)

Post Wed May 20, 2009 1:18 pm

jacko wrote:
if not then where? im guessing your using 4 injectors chris? with it being progressive / mini ecu etc etc. not just one big one aiming at the throttle body lol

A puma engine doesn't warrent fitting a direct port kit like the one you describe... which would involve drilling the numbered inlet... this would only be needed if you were going for larger power hikes of 100hp++ and would involve other upgrades too like fitting forged pistons and taking timing out etc....

so a Single 'crossfire injector' is used and inserted into the flexipipe just before the throttle body.... this will easily spray enough life into a 1.7.... the limits of this type of injection is down to intake manifold design not down to the injector itself which can actually spray more than 100hp i believe....

jacko wrote:
personally i still dont think its a great idea stressing an engine that you cant even buy bearing shells for let alone re/line the bores. on the subject; what are peoples plans for when there engines wear out? (cant buy new ones & donor 1.7s are getting rare....)

Trev has already put you (or someone) right on this once before on PP, but here it is again..... :evil: what a load of nonsense!

Using Nitrous can actually be argued that engine life will be EXTENDED... due to the fact your getting your power at a MUCH SAFER and lower RPM... it's RPM that stresses and kills angines not 'power' as such... No more bouncing off the rev limiter when using Nitrous.. :wink: you will have all the torque you desire between 2-5k rpm... 8) 8)

Chris

Return to FRP Q & A?