Board index FRP Q & A? Anyone got one of these?

Anyone got one of these?

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Sun May 03, 2009 9:21 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Any one got one of the following?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2

Any thoughts?

My only concern will be the lack of cool air the front left Alcon would get, obviously for daily use the temperature wouldn't get to high but perhaps on track it might not get the suitable / required cooling.

Obviously i might be talking crap as not to up on breaking systems, running temperatures and cooling required for the brakes.

David
FRP314

Post Sun May 03, 2009 9:56 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

That's Jacko selling that.
I'm just knocking something up at work (Quiet night shift).
If it works, I will post details and you can have the bits to make one up for free at RS day.
Mine will go at the side of the lower grill, away from water I hope. :D
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Sun May 03, 2009 10:08 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

The alcon discs can disapate some serious heat, so i wouldn't worry on that score... 8) when the discs get very hot it disapates quickly through to the alloys, which are also spinning like the clappers.... creating a fan effect

I wouldn't loose sleep over that one.. :lol:

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:03 pm
jacko RPOC Regular

or the water.....everyone seems to feel itl 'hoover' every bit of water off the road!!!! its fine. had one on my car for 2 years now..... (daily driver & not scared of going through fords or floods etc)

tbh its the ducting that puts the price up. the grp is a fiver, the epoxy is less than a tenner, 3 hours or so of labour, postage....the rest is the ducting!!!!! if anyone knows where to get it cheaper than demon thieves please shout up!

Post Mon May 04, 2009 8:04 pm
jacko RPOC Regular

ps; who's got one on here? iv sold a few to guys on pp......all very happy....

Post Tue May 05, 2009 1:32 pm
lisafrp User avatar

I modified my front bumper years ago (with Ed's help and a Dremel) to take the existing air pipe. I've got some pics at home of it :)
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Tue May 05, 2009 2:48 pm
jacko RPOC Regular

i did that first; into the blanking plate? my new one (from grill) works a lot better

Post Tue May 05, 2009 6:08 pm
lisafrp User avatar

Here it is

Does a good enough job for me, if I want to go faster I just jump in a different car ;)

We did also try this option, but decided it looked a bit silly ;)

Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Tue May 05, 2009 7:03 pm
PussCat User avatar
RPOC Regular

didn't know you'd done that, Lisa... we've got the same lol (the first one, not the second one ;) )
Caz

FRP #155

Post Tue May 05, 2009 8:05 pm
jacko RPOC Regular

yep, same as i did first time.....2 90 degree bends are a little more restrictive than the one iv moved onto. plus i wanted something thats 'finished' as i will need that space later for my radiator & oil coolers.

opposite mesh is having a powersteering oil cooler housed there as i will be binning the the cooling pipes.

Post Wed May 06, 2009 1:11 pm
lisafrp User avatar

PussCat wrote:
didn't know you'd done that, Lisa... we've got the same lol (the first one, not the second one ;) )

lol - yeah done it back in 2003 according to the date of the photo!

Ed got a bit carried away with the dremel and took a chunk out of the bumper too though :? That'll get fixed one day...
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Return to FRP Q & A?