Board index FRP Q & A? Tyre Pressures

Tyre Pressures

Looking to purchase a FRP? ask fellow members of there experiences...

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:15 pm
gjnrs Newbie

Can someone help me!!
Taking the car for its first long run in the morning and wanted to set the tyre pressures.
Looking through the Owners Guide I got for the car and there is no information about Tyre Pressures for the 17" wheels.
Looks like the car came with a standard Puma Owners guide!!
Any owners out there know what the tyre pressures should be set to?
Also did the cars come with Puma Racing supliment to the standard Owners Guide.

Regards

Paul

ps. looking forward to my first long drive in the morning!!

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:52 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Tyre pressure is 29psi all round.

Each Racing Puma had a handbook supplement, numbered according to the vehicle's manifold number.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:13 pm
gjnrs Newbie

Thanks Ed,

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 pm
Williamsclio1 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Watch that rain :shock: especially if it was like it was today.

Was having a little play in the wet on a large roundabout near were i live, and obviously all the handling is a different ball game but, rear end extremely playful and very fun how ever just that little to much lift off oversteer to understeer and the fun turned in to a little fight :)

Front does like to vary to the rear, :shock: save to say its a Granny / Grandad drive for me in the wet wether, just not worth that front breaking away especially down a country road :D

But loving the car all the same just done short of a thousand miles and enjoyed every single second of it.

Forgot to add dry wether handling unbelieveable :D :D :D :D :D :D eats up country roads so quickly and you dont have to rag the pants of it, the grip is amazing escpecially for a front wheel drive, thought the Williams was tight and grippy but FRP glorious would like to drive one back to back but cant afford another Williams just yet "YET" :D

David
FRP314

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 pm
Dogsbody User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Add a bit of weight in the boot :wink:
I have my works bag and a 12" sub in a base box that's quite heavy.
Makes an amazing difference.

Last time I took everything out of my boot, it was to put the daughters scuba diving kit in..
I dropped her and the kit off at a quarry near Frome, Somerset.
The roads were damp in places where the sun had not go to them .
On the way home with an empty boot, I had to catch the rear end three of four times where it had stepped out :shock:
I honestly thought I had a puncture as the back was so "loose" till I thought about it :wink:

Some people have a spare wheel in the boot, one person has munition boxes with weights in bolted to the boot floor :shock:
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Return to FRP Q & A?