Board index Members Cars - For Sale A sad day - FOR SALE - FRP #225

A sad day - FOR SALE - FRP #225

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:49 pm
k18dan Newbie

Some are a wear that this day would come for me soon :cry: I am in no rush to sell her at all and I suppose I'm testing the water at the moment

Build number #225
34k miles
I’m assuming if you’re looking at this you know what a Ford Racing Puma is and its specification? however if not please see here – http://www.fordracingpuma.com

Completely standard, as she was when driven out of the showroom. Ideal show car for this coming season

Second owner from new, I bought from the first owner at 16,000 4years ago, where she was stored in a heated garage and only taken out in the dry and at weekends, I have carried on this trend by buying a second car for everyday use and only using the FRP at the weekends only in the dry.

Fully serviced every year at puma build, including full brake service
+ an extra oil and filter change every 6 months

Cam belt changed at 20,715 on the 31/05/05
Full air con service at 31,819 on the 24/04/07
Full Break fluid change/flush at 29,433 on the 17/08/06

MOT not due till 23/05/2010
Tax not due till 11/2009

All stamps plus a file full of receipts confirm this

Run on Shell Optimax and now Shell V-power petrol since I have had her, the previous owner only used optimax too.

Alloys are perfect I had them professionally refurbished by lepsons and are cleaned after every drive, so have remained as brand new, and are well known for being one of the best original FRP wheels on the owners club forums.

Goodyear eagle F1 ds3 tyres around, which have only done 6k and like new with 6mm of tread left

#225 has visited many shows over the years and has been part of the club stands, I have a CD-ROM full of pics throughout the years

The bad bits
#225 has the usual small stone chips found on the FRPs due to their wide body, however they are hardly noticeable on #225.
There was a small mark on the side bolster of the front passenger seat which has been fully repaired and is now hardly noticeable,

Although little, I believe it is best to tell you these bad bits, so you know the whole truth.

Please feel free to ask around on the owners club sites (http://www.fordracingpuma.com and http://www.pumapeople.com/) regarding #225 as she is well known.

This car was featured in Autocar back in May last year and was awarded ‘our choice award’ there was a full right up on in there about the car too (see pictures) on viewing I can also show you a copy of the magazine.
A quote from the magazine "The raspy engine in Dan's immaculate FRP makes plenty of the right noises, but the peek 153bhp comes at a heady 7000rpm - hardly the sort of punishment to administer to such a well kept example"

Strictly no canvassers or test pilots, serious buyers only please.

The private plate will be removed and returned back to the original 'W' plate

£8995

frp225@hotmail.co.uk or PM
Last edited by k18dan on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
FRP #225

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:26 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

take out the 'ONO'...

no way i'd be taking less... :shock: putting in the ONO says straight away your not getting your 10k.. :?

You need the right kind of buyer for this kind of example.... just a shame you'll probably have to deal with a few tossers along the way...

shame you've got to sell it... :( :(

Regards

Chris

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:31 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

i cant believe it dan im sad :-(

one of the best frp's around and so well looked after.

if someone is looking for a brilliant frp then they will pay the price but i cant still help thinking that 10k is alot of money for an frp now mate but ill keep my fingers crossed for you.
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

I think it's irellavant what the 'run of the mill' are going for tbh...

10k isn't a lot of money for a mint 23k car.... as the rest of the cars get scruffier and scruffier it just gets harder and harder for a buyer wanting a nice one.... someone who wants a mint one will pay it i gaurentee! 8)

i still say knock of the ONO and have some balls... :lol:

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:49 pm
big boy al User avatar

yeah i agree but i also feel it could take months to find the right buyer who wants one of the best around as someone will in the end

but it depends how long dan is willing to wait??

what was the reason for selling dan?? a change of car??

34k mr dude ;-)
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 pm
Dogsbody User avatar

The car looks absolutely immaculate, 10k wasn't much for one a couple of years ago.
I paid 8K for mine then, but now :? People are not spending like that.

We have a few saving, but won't spend them, "just in case" there is so much uncertainty in the job market :cry:
The Dentist wanted £190 odd today to fit a "crown" on a back tooth as a precautionary measure.
I told him a will take the risk for now!!

Plus If Wugsy was that clean and tidy, I would feel bad about driving it all year round and driving him like I do :wink:

I never realised how much you looked like that chap Tiff from 5th Gear, Dan :lol:
Good luck anyway !
Might see you at Combe in July?
Graham
HID headlights fitted ... I can now see where I'm going !

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:07 pm
FRP432 User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hi Dan,

I wished I had the money and the garage space that your car deserves. It looks like an absolute gem. I hope you find the right buyer. Simply an amazing FRP.

Jim
FRP432

Post Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Best of luck with the sale Dan - I will have no hesitation recommending your car - one of the best FRP's in the UK, to an appropriate buyer.

A collector's only quibble might be the seat bolster that isn't 100% - other than that, best of luck :)
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:39 pm
k18dan Newbie

many thanks for all you kind comments... almost brought a tear to my eye! :) I could quite easy keep her forever.. but I've only done about 300 miles in her this year, and it seams such a shame to have her sitting in a garage under a cover, I have put 'ONO' as I am very a wear of the current climate and we all know how FRP's prices go up and down at the best of times, however saying that I am in no rush to sell at present, and really want her to go to the right person. :(

Just about to post this in the for sale section of PP.com... wish me luck :?

Thanks again :)
FRP #225

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:50 pm
V4FRP RPOC Petrol Head!

Oh dear Dan really sorry to see 225 with for sale on him. Price wise stick with it the car is immaculate as Ed says one of THE best in the UK. A collectors car should sell for a collectors price we could do with seeing a FRP going for its true rareity value rather than the give away prices some have sold for recently. Glad to see that there is an FRP that has actually done less mileage than FRUP in the last year (only just though). I wish you luck with the sale but hope that you might still have 225 for the Coomb meeting.

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 pm
FRP #148 User avatar
RPOC Enthusiast

Good luck!
Looks so clean, I'm sure you won't have too many problems, you just need the right person to be looking at the right time.
Claire :)

Post Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:58 pm
FRP 379 RPOC Regular

Dan What can i say.Shame that you" MIGHT " have to sale her. :shock: But maybe you might hang on to her till april so that we can go to the rallycross at lydden together.You never know you might get the right person see it there.As you know how many people go to this event.Give us a bell if you still have the car and you want to go togeather.Chers mate all the best Dan T.

Post Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:43 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

Hey,
Even though I'm very angry with you for wanting to sell, I will say that 225 is easily one of the very best FRP's, and has looked better than mine on many occasions, and the Autocar feature was awesome, so whoever gets this car will be very lucky, and will have a lot to live up to if they are going to keep it as well as Dan. Having said that, please dont buy his car , then he will be forced to bring it to castle combe a few more times

Good luck Kingy

Vassy
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:04 pm
k18dan Newbie

I'm going to drop the price a little to £9495 ono

As she is just sitting in the garage at the moment

She now has 6 months new tax on her too
FRP #225

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:39 pm
vaspetrol User avatar
RPOC Regular

CRAZZZZEEEEEEEE FOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FRP385
Ford Fair Concours 1st 06
Ford Show Notts 1st 06/10/11/12
Best Parade FRP Castle Combe 07
Wonderland Ford Show 2nd 07
Ford Fair Concours 2nd 10
Duxford Concours 2nd
Ford Show Notts CAR OF THE SHOW 2012
Best FRP Castle Combe 2012

Post Tue May 26, 2009 11:28 am
k18dan Newbie

She now has a fresh new MOT, only covered 1,317 miles since the last one :)

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:32 pm
k18dan Newbie

Price now is 8995 - No offers :(
FRP #225

Return to Members Cars - For Sale