Board index Members Cars - For Sale frp #165 on ebay warning its cat c write off

frp #165 on ebay warning its cat c write off

You can list your pride and joy here.

mk1caprisrule Newbie

friendly warning if you are considering this frp.
owner has extensively posted on pumap**ple
regarding this car, it is a write off, which is fine but as he is not disclosing that fact beware.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=019
best regards

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:39 am
FRP149 RPOC Regular

The fact the engine bay is all imperial blue would set alarm bells ringing

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 pm
FRP252 User avatar
RPOC Regular

FRP149 wrote:
The fact the engine bay is all imperial blue would set alarm bells ringing

thats what i thought

was told by seller it was reshelled in 2002
Want a REAL Carbon Fibre Splitter for your FRP? PM me for details
Dan

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:49 pm
mk1caprisrule Newbie

he didnt tell you it was a cat c then?

Post Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:21 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

A re-shelled FRP could potentially be an excellent buy... and be a far better all round car the most of the clocked ones out there with seemingly flawless paperwork...

I think if you havn't seen and driven the car it's a little harsh and ignorant to blatently kill a sale based on your rather general and sweeping view of what a 'cat c' car is....

it may have all sorts of anti-corrosion work done on the car at the time of re-shell making it quite a tidy build.... on the other hand, it may drive like a bag of nails...??

have you driven this car MK1capri...??

Chris

Post Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:37 pm
FRP-165 Newbie

Hi

mk1caprisrule Newbie

just logged in here for the first time in ages so excuse the delayed response. lol.

thanks for the lovely comments. :wink:

'harsh and ignorant?', were u the seller? 'general and sweeping view of what a 'cat c' car is....' fully aware of what a cat c is thanks and i don't agree with anyone witholding that info on a car i am considering buying. waste of everyones time.

thats all well and good if you are told before you travel across the country that its a cat c. and before you hpi it etc.

also it aint worth market value and you won't get market value off the insurance if its written off(again)

and LOL yes owned capris since i learnt to drive. mk1's mk3's fast ones slow ones, v8's,v6 , 4 pots, had my current minty mk1 for 6 years or more.

i do like a rwd ford coupe and some fwd drive ones aint too bad either. lol.

cya

red User avatar
RPOC Regular

I'd like to know where you found out it was a Cat C.

It has been re-shelled. My brother owns it now and has done for nearly a year with no issues at all in fact far less issues than my own hpi clear frp #201

The reg plate which is on the new shell is from a fire damaged Puma which is category F. A HPI check shows this up (autocheck).

165 was rolled down a hill off the M4 a long time ago.
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

mk1caprisrule Newbie

there is extensive thread on puma ppl regarding his car at the time of sale.
seller admits its a cat c on his pp advert at the time and in that thread.
we were prepared to buy it from his ebay advert where he does not mention it, then discovered the info on pp.
as mentioned above, nothing wrong with a cat c car if you know and it can be better than a clear car, as you say.
i presume it was cat c when it was rolled...
i guess the thread and sale advert is still on puma ppl.
thats all i know and its no big deal to me now.
thanks

speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

The car from memory was not in any way damanged when it then rolled. It was a clear car, I recall it and the owner.
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

rolled down a hill... lol :lol: :lol:

mk1caprisrule Newbie

speedline wrote:
The car from memory was not in any way damanged when it then rolled. It was a clear car, I recall it and the owner.

lol it wasn't and isn't, the sellers thread is still on the other site as already stated...so if you bothered enough to post go find the thread then at least your facts stand a chance of being correct.

which is why the owner says it was a cat c.

:lol: if it wasn't damaged when it rolled then it wouldnt need a reshell :lol: :lol:

and can a mod please lock or delete this thread now as the car was sold a year plus ago.

:mrgreen: :lol:

speedline RPOC Petrol Head!

I'm going back years, and it was seen at Castle Combe a short while before the first accident, it was straight then. Maybe it had more than one and maybe I am mixing it up with another :)
19th September 2008: if you have bought a Janspeed manifold please read here clicky me

Ed RPOC Enthusiast

It had no history of accidents until the time it rolled off the M4. The vehicle was extensively damaged - the then owner remarked at the time that he and others couldn't believe he was unscathed when the car looked so bashed!

At least 0165's story is well known, there are some owners with accident damaged cars that are completely unaware of their cars past.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

FRP-165 Newbie

Indeed!

My car drives amazingly well! I have never had any issues with it at all! I like my car having a bit of interesting history :-) Especially that the guy who wrote it off was unscathed from the insident! I do not see the issue with rebuilds as long as the history is known and it drives well!

No it won't keep the market value that other pristine examples have, but as long as its in good shape and the mechanics run well then it will always bring the smiles to a face that any FRP would!

And as Matt said, I have had far less issues than his very well kept non-write off!

FRP-165 Newbie

He actually meant had you driven the frp, and then referred to your forum name! ;)

"and LOL yes owned capris since i learnt to drive. mk1's mk3's fast ones slow ones, v8's,v6 , 4 pots, had my current minty mk1 for 6 years or more."

red User avatar
RPOC Regular

This thread should just be left to die now :?
Ex Owner of FRP #0201

Return to Members Cars - For Sale