Board index Members Cars - For Sale Ford Racing Puma 353 full history all problem stuff changed

Ford Racing Puma 353 full history all problem stuff changed

You can list your pride and joy here.

rspuma353 Newbie

Ford Racing Puma no 353

Full service history from fords and puma build with old mots and shed loads of paperwork!!

A quick overview of the Ford Racing Puma

- 1.7 VCT 16v Zetec-SE
- 155bhp
- Janspeed designed 421 manifold, high flow cat, with cat-back exhaust
- Alcon 4piston 295mm Motorsport brakes
- Eibach/Sachs suspension
- Shorter ratio gears, and final drive
- 215/40/17 tyres
- That wonderful interior
- The wider track, and inevitably, those gorgeous, beautiful arches
- 50:50 weight distribution.

A fortune has been spent on this car to make it as mechanically sound as i could get it,who ever buys this will get a bargin in my eyes as all the common faults with frp's have been put right. DOnt let the miles put you off this car looks and drives like new you wont be dissapointed.

Number 353/500 features the usual FRP specification, with its blue Sparco seats inside (with Ford Racing and Sparco stitching), with matching blue alcantara door cards and rear seats. It has a Ford CD player and optional 6 disc changer in boot, with good speakers. Electric windows are standard, as are the electric heated mirrors, plus Air-Conditioning, which is in good order. No need to re-gas it! as its already been done. Its has also had smoked tinted windows not to dark just right.

The car is nearly standard, because only a fool would "modify" an FRP. Featuring the standard (yet incredible) Alcon Motorsport 4-piston brakes, with the upgrade of 327mm rotors, this car outbrakes anything else Ive driven They are astonishing.

Eibach/Sachs suspension compliments the FRP, with unbeleivable handling. The turn in is razor sharp and incredibly responsive. Its the best handling FWD car in the world, better than the DC2 Integra.

The car has had a recent cam belt change and new drive shafts fitted to both sides although it only needed one, recent toyo proxys all round,discs and pads all round with uprated pads to stop brake dust getting into the pistons that are unsealed on these,new miltek stainless exhaust(producing a lovely rasp and back popping)
The engine is standard, producing 155bhp..

The body work, is obviously imperial blue. In my opinion, its the best colour that you can have on a road car. . Its a great colour, changing from purple, to deep blue, to light blue. Its a joy to clean and polish.

Due to the massive arches and bumpers on the FRP, its more prone to catching stone chips - there are a few minor ones on the car, a usual thing with an FRP. It has had some paintwork to keep it up to standard and very clean and shiney crack free.

Overall, my Racing Puma is in very good condition. The engine and mechanicals are fine,there is no crashing from suspension/bushes (although FRPs are inherantly noisey, boomy, and firm), the brakes feel brilliant, and the cambelt has been done.

Factory cat 1 alarm/imobilizer with remote central locking

Selling due to buying a new car!!

Your a welcome to come and have a look and test drive prior to purchase.

Give me a call on 07836267144 days or 07732292868 eves and weekends

Looking for £6295 ovno

Post Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:57 pm
Mogsmex User avatar
RPOC Regular

the miles wont put me off because i dont know how many it's done ;)

i see it's got a blue front slam panel has it had any accident damage in the past ?

Cheers Glyn Image
Ex FRP 142, Ex # 338, Ex # 191.......back for more with FMC 05 :roll:

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:26 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

what happened to the alcantara steering wheel??

good luck with the sale
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:42 pm
big boy al User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

mileage is 89500
FRP 241 - lsd equipped

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:59 pm
FRP252 User avatar
RPOC Regular

"with the upgrade of 327mm rotors"

is this possible with the standard alcons????? if so what make are they?
Want a REAL Carbon Fibre Splitter for your FRP? PM me for details
Dan

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:53 pm
rspuma353 Newbie

Are they ment to have a different colour slam panel was told it had upgraded rotors i dont know how they fit and all that i am not a mechanic.

No accident damage.

Cheers

Ian

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:55 pm
rspuma353 Newbie

blue swade on stering wheel i would toch it was mankey and stickey so i pulled it off and was going to order a replacement from puma build

Cheers

Ian

Post Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:02 pm
El dude RPOC Petrol Head!

FRP252 wrote:
"with the upgrade of 327mm rotors"

is this possible with the standard alcons????? if so what make are they?

only if PS hav had their hands on it and extended the caliper out with a bodged bracket... :?

Post Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:19 pm
rspuma353 Newbie

right peeps need this shofting any offers price reduced to 5750 and on ebay with no reserve.

Cheers

Ian

Post Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:58 pm
rspuma353 Newbie

Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To downhuman hope you enjoy nice to meet etc.

Cheers

Ian

Return to Members Cars - For Sale