Board index Members Cars - For Sale FRP 394

FRP 394

You can list your pride and joy here.

Post Tue May 20, 2008 12:36 pm
mwmr Newbie

FRP 394 is for sale on autotrader at the moment for £3750. The price is very cheap and after looking through the buyers guide on here and in other magazines, the alarm bells start ringing.

However, I'm planning using the car for sprints, hillclimbs and a wee bit of tarmac rallying, so mileage etc is not really an issue. But something is just not right with the pictures of the car, the wheels don't seem to fill the arches like other FRP I've seen. Anybody seen/ have any thoughts on the car, or know any of it's history?

Post Tue May 20, 2008 1:41 pm
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

While the front wheels of Racing Pumas never sit exactly in the middle of the front arch opening, that one does look particularly offset to the rear.

Potentially a good candidate for competition use though. Buy it, flog the interior for a grand and you could have an FRP for under 3k.

I'll have to check my records...the number rings a bell.

Even if you bought it and it was junk, you could break it for parts and make money.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Tue May 20, 2008 2:06 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

It has the speedline wheels which always looked smaller even though they are 17"s - they are lighter than the standard FRP alloys so good for sprints/hillclimbs for reducing unsprung weight :)

As Ed says, replace the interior as its quite heavy and pop in some lighter seats, it'll make a good competition car.

Probably not an ideal rally car as the body parts would cost a fortune to replace if knocked. It would be worth taking off the bumpers, and wings and replace them with super 1600 parts which are much cheaper - SUPER 1600 PARTS
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Tue May 20, 2008 5:19 pm
mwmr Newbie

I'm planning selling the interior when I get one and fit a weld-in cage. Good idea with the carbon parts, anything to get the weight down, weight's the enemy after all. I've been competing in Sprints and Hills for a few years and I think I need to move on to a bit more modern machinery. A move to rallying is to get a few more miles for my money.

As the Puma and Fiesta share the same floor pan, does the suspension from a Fiesta fit the Puma? I'm asking as I've a set over adjustable platform coilovers on my Zetec-S Fiesta at the moment, which if possible I plan to fit to a Puma.

Post Wed May 21, 2008 1:50 pm
lisafrp User avatar
I dont drive my FRP due to this FORUM!

Not sure about the suspension fitting a Puma, it might a standard one, but I wouldn't have thought an FRP.

Probably best to compare part no's from the Fiesta Parts and Puma parts to see if they match :)

Where do you usually sprint?
Lisa
RPOC Founder
FRP #144

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 am
Ed RPOC Enthusiast

Just checked - it was once a member car. Mileage is probably about right. Might be worth an inspection, as this could be bargain of the year.
Ed.
Ex-FRP449

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:21 pm
tommobot Newbie

Just had a look on Auto-trader at it, and its one I saw on the road about 3 weeks ago. Tbh, I didnt look to shabby from the outside, had silly tints on it though. Tbh, if your going to track it, it seems a pretty good idea at that price

Return to Members Cars - For Sale